Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

2miles fae the Walls exchange been worse than dire for 2 days. 1 router on plusnet the other on orange - not often that they both play up. noticed the banks RBS & HBoS  both have been having problems, anyone else having problems? when I do the speedtest thing my closest server seems to be torshavn. Not named on the plusnet account and cannot be arsed with orange, they keep trying to switch us over to EE (and pay for broadband? I ask you? why pay for something you get for free?)

^ What, you mean try to converse with Gita or Sanjay in Mumbai - I dunno if I have big enough of an inner masochist to handle that.

Well, lad, 'appen if thee were wi' a proper outfit like that there PlusNet*, you might get to speak Yorkshire wi' Obidiah on t' telly-phone oop on Ilkley Moor an' 'ave 'alf a chance o' understandin' 'im - that is if you can 'ear 'im o'er the yappin o' 'is whippet.

* Yes yes, I know they're really BT behind the mask :(

I am with the "proper outfit" called Plusnet but it has been anything but proper lately.  Lots of little drop outs and when I finally decided to try phoning Plusnet they announced a 30min wait for calls to be answered.  OK on a free number but still a long wait.  In fact the speed has been fairly constant around 2.75mbs which is a little slower than the best I get but not that much.  Sadly BT put the exchange where there are very few people but I guess in the days before the internet that did not make too much difference for phone calls.

Did see Tavish was talking about faster broadband for Shetland.  Maybe we should all write an e-mail to him every time we get really low speeds or the service drops.  Well I can write e-mails when I have no connection although I would have to wait for service to resume before I could send it.

^ What, you mean try to converse with Gita or Sanjay in Mumbai - I dunno if I have big enough of an inner masochist to handle that.

Well, lad, 'appen if thee were wi' a proper outfit like that there PlusNet*, you might get to speak Yorkshire wi' Obidiah on t' telly-phone oop on Ilkley Moor an' 'ave 'alf a chance o' understandin' 'im - that is if you can 'ear 'im o'er the yappin o' 'is whippet.

* Yes yes, I know they're really BT behind the mask :(

Ya, ya. I micht juist aboot ken whit e wis sayin - bit wid e ken whit I wis makkin maen aboot ta im?