Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

^^

Yeah good job Lerwick up helly aa...It's nothing more than an inconveniance to the rest of the islands in more ways than I care to go into.  Been trying to download a program that would normally take no longer that 10-15mins.  THREE HOURS later it's still not finished.

Edited by gafynandrew

Sorry gafynandrew, I was watching Up Helly Aa and this is the first time that it didn't keep buffering.

Although a nuisance to some it is great for people unable to be standing in the town in this weather who still want to see the procession and by the tweets they were receiving has to be a great way of promoting Shetland right round the world.

Hope de programme is now downloaded :-)

Oh look, almost a carbon copy of the first reply I got from them.

"Thank you for contacting TalkTalk regarding your compensation.

I would like to express my sincere apologies on behalf of TalkTalk for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. I understand that this was not the level of service you were expecting from us. As a company that endeavours nothing less but good customer service, rest assured that we will strive to constantly adapt our methods to meet your expectations.

However, I am sorry to inform you that as per our records, I would like to inform that it was not a fault with the TalkTalk equipment or with the TalkTalk line. The fault was from the exchange. I am sorry to say that we are unable to provide any compensation regarding the fault in exchange, we only provide compensation if the fault is with our equipment. I wish I could do so, but the terms and conditions do not allow us to do so.

I hope Ive explained things clearly for you here. Thanks for contacting TalkTalk.

Remember http://www.talktalk.co.uk/help is available 24/7 to help answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Arzo Dutta
TalkTalk Customer Relations"

What makes me different to other people who have got compensation?

What makes me different to other people who have got compensation?

Not sure what I did differently, but after the person on the phone checking that there hadn't been a problem on my line (The line to the exchange was fine.) I pointed out that it was on the exchange side that the fault was. (I didn't want to mention the fibre cable in case they tried to claim that I wasn't in a fibre area). I was expecting them to use the 'not a fault with our equipment' clause. They then checked that and found there was no fault there either, however they would give me a 'goodwill gesture' of £10.  Considering I pay less than £20 a month, I've made a slight profit on being without phone and broadband for nearly 16 days.

I was with TalkTalk for several years until their Broadband speed became useless.  I was constantly getting well below 1.0Mb usually 0.36Mbps download and after a year of getting nowhere with their so called customer support, I finally switched provider.

I am now with BT and getting download speeds of 5.0Mbps, which I feel is pretty good given my location and with a complete phone/broadband package there's not a big difference in my monthly cost.

After a very fractious personal experience, I would not touch TalkTalk with a barge pole.

They adjusted(?) the IP Profile on my line down from 8Mbs to 2Mbs and, when I complained, I was told that I had to contact BT myself (chargeable) to get it re-instated.

Their customer support (and I use this term advisedly) are a complete joke.

It was not until I demanded my MAC from them that I got any response at all then, suddenly, I get inundated with calls from their '2nd Level Support Team'.

Not the way to deal with customers at all and, I jumped ship as soon as was practicable.

In mitigation, I know of TT customers who are quite happy with their service but, they haven't had a problem yet.....

• 2 weeks later...