Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

Anyone else having speed problems. I'm with bt in Tingwall and only getting 0.07 download this morning. Yesterday morning was the same, but it did improve during the day. Normally get a download if just over 6.00

Prior to going onto Bt and spending 30 minutes convincing them it's not my equipment, it would be fine to know if others are having problems.

Internet at our house is completely off just now.  We're in Lerwick, with TalkTalk.  Has the big undersea cable been chopped again??

Phone and broadband off for me too in LK. Same symptoms as the last time it was chopped, but not heard anything other than from the talktalk site.

24/05/2014 10:14 Open - P3 - Some customers in the Shetland Islands area currently experiencing a loss of broadband services. 3 In Progress

24/05/2014 06:52 Open - P1 - Some Phone, Broadband and TV customers are experiencing Total Loss of Service at Lerwick exchange. 1 In Progress

Shefa 2 is fine so the problem is elsewhere.

Marvin.

Looks like problem is with a BT cable on Scottish Mainland.

Seems all of TT is affected. Whilst some of BT is, mainly, if not exclusively, on Lerwick exchange. Faults on other exchange areas may just be co-incidental, as they seem to be largely unaffected.

Being a South Bank Holiday weekend, only the skeletons are working and getting answers is difficult.

Thanks people, I'll take the leap and contact BT and be able to tell them that it's not my equipment. No doubt I'll have to go through the usual tests and be told there is nothing wrong, so it must be my equipment and it'll cost me if they send out an engineer. It's the usual garble you get each time you call, no matter how often you tell them there seems to major problems all over Shetland. :-)