Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

Scalloway seems to be the biggest problem, ours in Waas can be a little slow from time to time getting down to about 3Mbsp but folks I've been talking to in Scalloway have 0.2 or less. Know some who haven't been able to get online since last night (or early hours of this morning)

Something of BT's fell over at Musselburgh yesterday, plus BT are using the Bank Hoilday to do nationwide "upgrades".....

Or so herself was told when she shouted at BT at 4am this morning.....it fell down here around 3.15am. Somehow this was apparently my fault, she said.....

Anyhow, it was "passed to BT Openreach" at 4.30am, after all the usual palaver of "checks" had been run......Hairy Ian's skeletons obviously had tied a few bits of wire together again after an hour or so, as it was back this morning, but as slow as crap, and not much better yet.

Ours here in Scalloway is dead slow and stop just now. This was tweeted a couple of hours ago.

http://fastnet.co.uk/help-and-support/technical-status-updates.html

Testing has been completed on the fibre route from Burray to Sandwick and fault has been proved onto one of the two fibres 2.6KM out of Burray exchange. This is locating towards the subsea cable supplier's cable station. The cable supplier has been engaged and we are waiting for them to join the technical recovery call and also to get one of their engineers to their cable station to locate and resolve the fibre fault. Estimated time of restoration not yet known. Next update will be issued upon service restoration unless there should be a significant development.

Mine has improved slightly now getting a download of 0.22 ( normally get over 6.00)

Ping has gone from 1432 to 668 (normally around 67)

I wonder how long we will have to put up with the slow speeds this time. Of course BT are never slow to pick up my monthly payment, regardless of how often I have a pretty unworkable connection. :-)

Heard of others without phone as well, which is why the cable being damaged made sense. One BT customer had a promise of it being fixed in 4 hours... could it be related to the lack of DAB signal or totally random thing also not working.

I have quite good results here South, however, as with PC speeds, you will soon think it slow regardless of the original comparison.

1997 - 14kb/s

2014 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3522144446.png

Yet this can still seem very slow when in a hurry. Providers still deliberately slow down the transfer of large files, such as my radio show, I guess this is to allow more adverts to be shown on the Cloud links.