Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

In walls it all got back to normal come 7am but between 5 & 6am I managed enough to post my question. I know town's bad, I came in to go to the meeting and had lots of people complaining it's near impossible to get stuff done. Oh the wonders of a 3G phone.

In walls it all got back to normal come 7am but between 5 & 6am I managed enough to post my question. I know town's bad, I came in to go to the meeting and had lots of people complaining it's near impossible to get stuff done. Oh the wonders of a 3G phone.

Guest CyprusPluto

In Gulberwick, it's the worst I've known it. Running at 0.2 to 0.3 all day :x

BT have said it's weather related. Don't understand why this should be the case; my lights are no slower at coming on when the weathers bad and the kids are off school. This is a real hindrance to the 21st Century progress of Shetland :(

Remember it's school holidays & no doubt with this weather many will be "surfing the net".

Not enough mega bits for everyone .

When Schools go back watch for the difference !

At 5am?

Things usually get faster when the schools & colleges etc aren't hogging it all. Not everyone has access at home.

Time for some lighthearted fun me thinks ...

Imagine the scenario if BT Area Director HAD made it to Shetland ... but was fogged in and had to stay overnight.

Attempts to send text to his PA on his Blackberry - hits send only to get message failed flash up.

Pops into local pub and uses their phone - his PA can't hear him properly for entire conversation and gets cut off.

Mr Dick grabs a taxi up to ferry terminal only to be told they are full due to fog and besides, the gangway has already been removed.

He attempts to call another taxi and again, can't get a signal on his mobile.

He walks into hotel opposite only to be told no room at the inn.

Ah, the list is endless - you reckon he'd get the message?

Edit: forgot one - he manages to secure a room elsewhere but when attempting to pay on his debit card (Nowhere would accept his American Express card), transaction fails due to no internet connection and he is asked to pay cash - but he doesn't have any.

Funnily enough, I was about to say something along the lines of what unlinked wrote. Let's see Mr Dick try to book a flight back to the mainland after his meeting by using the Shetland broadband connection...

Anyway, can't post the Speedtester image due to the pathetic connection:

Ping - 1551 Mbps

Download - 0.13

Upload - 0.10

Is Mr Dick aware of these Shetlink threads, I wonder? He might find them interesting (and disconcerting) reading.