Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

Cable fixed at 2.15pm today

It may be fixed but it ain't working correctly for sure , my pings this afternoon are up to 2400 m/s and download speeds of a pathetic 0.14 Mbps . Maybe someone somewhere at BT needs to turn a switch on ? Online gaming , Skype etc are impossible , turning into a ******* joke this supposed service (Not yours Marvin , BT's).

Yep....same here.  Ping is hovering at around 600ms with a 1mb download speed.  It was fine up until around 1pm and it's been awful since.

I have no idea how BT have their network configured so I can't help with any further info at the moment. If I find out anything else tomorrow I'll let you know.

It is of course possible that there are other problems not related to the cable.

Edited by Marvin

It is of course possible that there are other problems not related to the cable.

What! You mean they maybe knew of other issues, were burying them under the "broken cable" excuse, and not telling everyone everything up front. Surely not, BT would never do such a thing, would they!?!. :shock: ;-)

Hmmmm....I wonder if my speed steadily dropping day on day in the last 3 or four days before Christmas to be where it still is, but BT only admitting that there was a fault as of the 28th might be a clue to something. :ponders:

About 8.15pm (ish) I was watching my ping and packet loss on teamspeak... and it went to normal in front of my eyes!

I think maybe they had to test the cable etc before they gave the greenlight for BT & co to use it.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3227288978.png

GR is yours STILL bad?

Actually maybe I should stop posting it's better as then usually it goes bad again.

Edited by DizzyKipper

Unlinkedstudent if it still sucks the couch + Ghostrider (They (we?) feel (or probably don't) your pain (ping) - do you (we)(they) really give a f***.?) - I dunno thought I would ask anyway:)

Its late, and its been a long day. Can we have that in something a bit nearer to English, please.

After a two week blackout, it came back on yesterday at around 5pm... for about ten minutes. Went down to the old's for tea, and when I got back, it was working again.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3229236675.png

Waiting to see now whether talktalk actually try to charge me for the blackout time.

i had to call talktalk for compensation, they offered 19pound so i had to escalate to a manager and have a further 2 months line rental applied. if you leave it you''ll get f'all

I got in touch with TalkTalk, to request:

• That they ask their management to look into subscribing to the "backup" system.
  • That they weren't to charge me the full fare for the 2 and a half week blackout.

Very happy to say, got a very decent compensation offer from their customer services (a lovely South African wifey I spoke with), and better still, she said she would put the word to management that Shetland needs the backup option.

The more customers who do this, the more likely TalkTalk is to sort the problem out for the long-term.  If no-one raises the issue, they won't do anything.

I am in shock.  Did a speed test just now and my download speed has jumped from around 2.8 to 4.2mbs.  OK so you high speed types in and around Lerwick will think this is a mere trifle but for the wilds of North Yell at the end of a long copper wire it is exciting.......well mildly exciting.  What can have caused this?.