Help with HD

HN38

Good stuff HN38, I've not been in the Co-Op in ages, thought they'd given up on the tv's long ago!!!

I've never had any problems in Geordie Robertson's, always find the lads upstair to be very knowledgeable about the gear they're selling and they're also a cheery bunch, I can honestly say its one of, if not the shop I look forward most to having a look around in, it's a shame the wife always has to get the white goods bought in first though, leaves me slavering over the stuff I could have bought upstairs if my wallet hadn't been cleaned out......................bloody fridges/frezzers etc etc :cry:

Maybe sometimes it's the customer with the attitude, but they'll never admit to that........................customer always being right and all that :wink:

the young lads talked down to the wife when asking for an immersion heater control. they then charged her double what it sells for on the net. bought a chest freezer from tesco 1/2 the price of a smaller local supplier.

a new dishwasher from the hydro was good value she saved 50 quid getting the silver instead of the white.

if they want us to buy from them treat the customer with respect.

I'm all for buying local but why buy the product if its twice the price in the first place?

I'm with Chuck too, canna say am ever had a problem with the staff either!

I bought a hand blander from Geordie Robertsons, it burnt out after a couple of months, it was an expensice one . I had lost the receipt, but took it in to ask what the crack was . They replaced it straight away , with a similar quality one as they had sold out of our model . Perfect service ..

Re. The HDMI cable question originally asked . The more expensive cables are better as there are different standards / speeds , but with a technika TV it wouldnt make any difference . We have tried all sorts of cheap TV's at work and none have proven watchable . Goodmans the worst I have seen !

Its just im finding we are getting quiet a bit of ghosting and don't think our scart cable is to great so hoping a hd cable might help

Also i noticed with all cables they have different sized connectors at end so wanna make sure i get right one

I don't think the cable was ever the problem, Technika buy older panels from companies like LG, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony. Quite frankly when it comes to TV's you get what you pay for. The more you pay the better the set (generally speaking).

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't matter if you buy a hdmi cable for £5 or £100, the result on the screen will be the same with no noticeable difference. hdmi sends a digital signal and not analogue so wont degrade when sent through the cable. That said I have bought a cheap cable in the past and the end came off when I had to pull it out the tv. There are different versions, I believe 1.3/1.4 is advisable for 3D.

People selling the cables may tell you different!