excellent service

caddylamb

This TESCO praise b******t is just going too far. If the store wasn’t exceptionally profitable these mercy flights wouldn’t be happening. Plus we honestly don’t need all the overpriced crap we fill our trolleys with. You’d think the world was going to end today (hint). Furthermore, any ‘astute’ regional director would have based his decision on the figures alone ie how much are we making!

Yes no doubt they have considered the profits, publicity etc, but they have also considered the customer and gone that bit further to try and get the perishables on the shelfs. More than most will do.

I agree that we don't need to have the trollies buckling under the strain, but I for one will be glad that they may have some of the stuff I would like to make my Christmas dinner special. Now that's after checking my local shop, which I use at least three times a week.

God, I bet it's all smiles in your house at Christmas :roll: :?

What a silly retort...I did wonder what you buy from your local shop; milk, Shetland Times, fuel, fags etc. If so, it’s hardly shopping. Fuel...mmm...there is conundrum, “why dosen’t your TESCO provide their customers with cheaper Fuel ?â€...I’ll answer for you, “Because it wouldn’t be profitable for them!â€. However, perhaps they could fly it in also.

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...to you and TESCO

PS...Shopped local this morning, no trolley dodging and all bagged with smile...however, picking-up few items in town later...perhaps calling at TESCO.

Now your just surmising to make your reply fit your need. I do most of my shopping at two local shops and occasionally have a shop in Tescos or the Coop to find something for a change.

You may think it was a silly retort, but at least it wasn't fuelled by bitterness as your post came across. If you don't like Tescos fine but the rest of us will make up our own minds as to where we shop.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree aboot Lerwick DIY - guy is very helpful.

Was in there yesterday and got most of what I need for a DIY job this weekend but unfortunately one of the essential items was not in stock.

While driving past F. Williamson's this morning I saw their staff there so phoned to check if they were open. Nope, closed to get things ready for the 'big sale'. I told them I knew exactly what I needed, where it was, that it would take me 2 mins to pick it up, explained that without it I couldn't do any of the rest of the job and would pay cash so they didn't have to switch on their till but they wouldn't let me buy it.

I phoned Anderson & Cluness and although they weren't open Ivor was nipping to the shop anyway so I could come down and pick up my purchase no problem.

Well done LK DIY and Anderson & Cluness on superb customer service :D

Tesco prices are set due to size of store, superstore prices are the same all over scotland, express prices are the same all over scotland, the indivdual store absorb the freight charges otherwise pricing indivdual items to include delivery to store would be impossible.

they are not allowed to set prices instore its all set centrally

as for the fuel reductions we know about that its old news.

tesco werent open boxing day however the coop was?? could folk not go two days without needing some shopping?? u can be damm sure folk would be moaning if tescos was open and not the coop!

I find that if your pleasant to workers they are usually pretty pleasant back. Although there is one shop I haven't been in for over a year due to the way I was spoken to. But that's personal preference.

I tend to shop in same places though as its easier. And yes that does usually mean tesco as that's my near by shop. Which I usually get pretty good service in. Also my bank (Santander) always helpful!

• 3 weeks later...
This TESCO praise b******t is just going too far. If the store wasn’t exceptionally profitable these mercy flights wouldn’t be happening. Plus we honestly don’t need all the overpriced crap we fill our trolleys with. You’d think the world was going to end today (hint). Furthermore, any ‘astute’ regional director would have based his decision on the figures alone ie how much are we making!

Yes no doubt they have considered the profits, publicity etc, but they have also considered the customer and gone that bit further to try and get the perishables on the shelfs. More than most will do.

I agree that we don't need to have the trollies buckling under the strain, but I for one will be glad that they may have some of the stuff I would like to make my Christmas dinner special. Now that's after checking my local shop, which I use at least three times a week.

God, I bet it's all smiles in your house at Christmas :roll: :?

What a silly retort...I did wonder what you buy from your local shop; milk, Shetland Times, fuel, fags etc. If so, it’s hardly shopping. Fuel...mmm...there is conundrum, “why dosen’t your TESCO provide their customers with cheaper Fuel ?â€...I’ll answer for you, “Because it wouldn’t be profitable for them!â€. However, perhaps they could fly it in also.

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...to you and TESCO

PS...Shopped local this morning, no trolley dodging and all bagged with smile...however, picking-up few items in town later...perhaps calling at TESCO.

Now your just surmising to make your reply fit your need. I do most of my shopping at two local shops and occasionally have a shop in Tescos or the Coop to find something for a change.

You may think it was a silly retort, but at least it wasn't fuelled by bitterness as your post came across. If you don't like Tescos fine but the rest of us will make up our own minds as to where we shop.

Hope you haven’t bought any of those ‘Value Burgers’ (not).

Could I assist you future and recommend you try trotting over to J & K Anderson...our local excellent butcher.

Hope you haven’t bought any of those ‘Value Burgers’ (not).

Could I assist you future and recommend you try trotting over to J & K Anderson...our local excellent butcher.

Noo du obviously dissna like ony body hivin a different opinion tae desell :)

Have bought plenty of meat from J& K Anderson's over mony a year and agree its amongst the best butcher meat in da isles.

For your info I don't eat cheap burgers as you never know whats in them, but have enjoyed the occasional one from whiteness where I am confident of the quality.:D

Sorry to disappoint you but I do buy a lot from local shops and rarely pass one without going in for a look and coming out with a full carrier bag. Can you say the same?

I also enjoy a look around Tescos and da Coop so I'm not sure what your issue is. :?