Hello

Just a wee note of introduction. I'm the son of two Shetlanders and still consider the islands my home despite being raised on the mainland.

I am working on a project to allow me to spend more time on the islands and hopefully also give something back.

Don't want to break any forum rules so wont go into detail here but will be visiting the first week of September (2nd - 7th) and would be great to meet with creative sector while I'm up.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello everybody, I've just signed up to get an idea of what's making you tick before I come and join you permanently. Exactly one year ago I was on the ferry on my very first visit to Shetland. Between now and then I've realized it's where I want to be, and I even came back in May just to make sure. And hey, one of the reasons I'm coming is because you are a friendly and helpful bunch! Sorry to say this about the country I've lived in all my life, save for a year in Scotland, but England is fast becoming somewhere I don't want to live in any more. So - northwards. When I have my housewarming party I'll let you know :-) p.s. I'm a gardener by trade but there probably isn't much calling for those.