Road Closures

GypsyScy

the foot path does not reach the school.

this is 4 grand to be spent on top of what it cost to construct. the exchange was ment for the new bus service with feeders from walls ect. this did not happen.

NO the exchange was to stop the fools running across the road, and to stop blocking the fuel pumps outside the shop.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not got an issue with the original spend however there is no need for 5k maintance.

have you seen the build quality they are putting into that path. it puts lerwick paths to shame. and yes i am not impressed our kids are told to jump into ditches if a car comes (they kindly reinstated the verge cuttin so the sprogs can see the nice muddy ditch). the path they are building peters out near the sheepskin shed. no path from there to the school how does that make the kids safer.

Secondly the gritter staff do a good job, one which they get paid to do, but they are not on the front line in Afghanistan risking life and limb.

A crewman lost his life gritting about 20 years ago.

We've got too used to the excellent gritting we have had up to now. Years ago they didn't use salt, so if it froze at all after the gritter had passed the roads were a skating rink again. You just got used to it.

Yes Muckle Joannie and now they want to send them out with just one man.

I now one year a drive, getting out of his cab. Sled on the ice on the doorstep and broke his leg.

In an area where the mobile phones did not work and he could not get back in the cab to the radio.

He would have died of hypothermia if a car had not come along.

There should be no less than two people.

So much for health and safety

Normally, two go out when the plough is fixed. National qualifications are attained as well which show a procedure. If what you say is true, then protocol may not have been followed where the driver should have radioed in that he was getting out of the cab.

The Councils Lone Worker policies would have applied, as they have done and continue to do so.

the sandsound roads today was one sheet of ice northwards van went off at the bottom of my road bloody council cuts, the gritter did come to the rescue but the boys hands are tied they can only do as they are told. i have a business i run from home and rely on clients coming to me for treatments, this weekend from friday afternoon and on has been a shambles as clients wont come into the road in fear of getting stuck, itsa lot of money lost for me and hours wasted

the foot path does not reach the school.

this is 4 grand to be spent on top of what it cost to construct. the exchange was ment for the new bus service with feeders from walls ect. this did not happen.

lol yee of so little forward thinking...

• 8 months later...
It's good to see Knab Road open again,but why have they only resurfaced part of the way & not continued up to the top of Gressy Loan.

Definitely an improvement but seems a shame the whole road could not have been done while they were at it :(

Are they not carrying on next week?