Da Quo.

Ghostrider

I didn't bother going but Davie Gardner has reviewed for the Shetland News

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/5430-heads-down-no-nonsense-mindless-boogie

There seems to be a lack of interest on Shetlink just now about commenting on current events. The Olympics only got a mention because someone was trying to tune their tv to get extra coverage.

There seems to be a lack of interest on Shetlink just now about commenting on current events.

I think that's because their have been a lot of good, positive things happen recently. As we all know Shetlink is a place where people come to scorn, belittle, moan, boast, tell us they told us so, put down, make fun of, argue a completely moot point ad infinitum, shoot down anybody with a different opinion, and pretty much spend way too much of their precious lives venting their spleens through the use of a keyboard. It is no place to lavish praise on something well done!

I'm sure normal service will resume depressingly soon........

Yes they turned up ,yes they were good and yes they were worth the 75 quid . Thanks must go to Malcolm Younger for organising the gig .And just for the record some of us dont or wont post on Shetlink for fear of being ripped apart by some other users maybe thats why not much has been posted about the Quo gig. Hope all that were there enjoyed it us much as i did and i for one would like to see them back .

There seems to be a lack of interest on Shetlink just now about commenting on current events.

I think that's because their have been a lot of good, positive things happen recently. As we all know Shetlink is a place where people come to scorn, belittle, moan, boast, tell us they told us so, put down, make fun of, argue a completely moot point ad infinitum, shoot down anybody with a different opinion, and pretty much spend way too much of their precious lives venting their spleens through the use of a keyboard. It is no place to lavish praise on something well done!

I'm sure normal service will resume depressingly soon........

And there was me thinking nobody was posting because the Olympics' background music was actually broadcasting a subliminal message along the lines of "I will watch more BBC1, I won't turn on my PC, I won't post on Facebook/Twitter/Shetlink". I'm upset now, you've totally shattered my belief in the fact that we all are just likkle aliens living in cyberspace ... and nothing to do with the fact that some of us do have lives outside of Shetlink and the sun is shining!

Yes they turned up ,yes they were good and yes they were worth the 75 quid . Thanks must go to Malcolm Younger for organising the gig .And just for the record some of us dont or wont post on Shetlink for fear of being ripped apart by some other users maybe thats why not much has been posted about the Quo gig. Hope all that were there enjoyed it us much as i did and i for one would like to see them back .

When Ghostie posted this, I said there wouldn't be any replies before at least 4.00pm cos all the 'twue' headbangers would have hangovers. :wink:

Glad you enjoyed the gig; sadly, I couldn't attend but hopefully yes, they will play here again - I like Quo!

Ach, a business with no critics, is no business for anyone to be in at all. :wink:

Good to hear they showed and put on a good show. I was beginning to wonder, as when I posted this morning there was no mention here, news sites, Facebook etc. Was slightly tempted to go, but Quo never quite did it for me, even in their heyday in the 70's. Now, had he gotten the Pistols (or what ragged remnants of them are left) to show, that would have been worth the effort and 75 quid. :wink:

[ Now, had he gotten the Pistols (or what ragged remnants of them are left) to show, that would have been worth the effort and 75 quid. :wink:

Never seen the pistols, but saw Johnny Rotton and PiL in the mid 80s. Johnny Rotton started the show by emptying a black bag of empty tins, bottles, fag ends, burger packets and other assorted items of refuse over the heads of the audience in the front row! No big deal back then for the front row clientele at a PiL gig, but I'm not so sure I would be so understanding paying 75 quid for it now that i'm a grumpy auld begger.