New bus timetables and consultation

Speccy

Then whoever revised the timetable is incredibly stupid.

Let's take Bigton.

Currently there is a bus in early morning, a bus in at lunchtime. There is a bus back from lerwick at lunchtime and one back in the evening after work. 2 in and 2 out.

No Sunday or late buses as it's a feeder connection.

With the changes...

Early bus in, that's fine. Only the school bus home. Very long day in town if you need to go in in the morning. The lunch time bus into town is not long there, before you have to get the school bus back, which doesn't stop at Tesco if you want to do any shopping. No way to get home if you work Lerwick 9-5.

On Saturday, 2 buses go into Lerwick. None come back.

Para Handy

Consultation and council two words that should never be together

Council speak for we will do it our way and stuff the Shetland public

:roll:

Ach well, stay at home with your chip on your shoulder to keep you company then.

Dizzy Kipper is right that Bigton has been a bit of an omission. Whereas if you live in Dale o' Waas and want to party moderately late in town, you're laughing.

The commentary on this report is poor, it should note what the changes are and explain them. Timetables are quite a good first draft I think, let's hope it can be tweaked. I assume we can't have everything we want and that any extras will have to be balanced with cuts.

it looks good until you look at the detail. the skeld shopper service is being cut to once a fortnight.there is a shopper being put on once a week to bixter tied in with a new dial a ride doctors bus. still a reduction for the older folks.

the 23.45 service is new not sure i would want to hang around for the 50 min connection. imagine it in winter.

I just assumed that must be some new fashionable Shetlandish spelling...

Fewer busses for Scalloway I see, but I think that's fair enough as they can run very empty just now. As can some airport busses, but hard to see how to cut that more without serious disadvantage to the folk that really need them.

An extra run on the Lerwick Town Service - maybe not all that useful at 8pm? Not sure what the reason for it is. Walking or taxis are do- able in town.

Stupid or what?

The consultation for Scalloway, Trondra. Burra is to be held in Hamnavoe Hall 3pm-7pm on the 11th September. Scalloway residents who do not have their own transport cannot get to it.... FAIL...

The proposed alterations (at a quick glance) are mainly to timings and, would appear to have been made up by someone who has never used a bus in years.

eg;

Why does the early Scalloway-Lerwick service still go in via the Black Gaet/South Road when most of the passengers work at the centre to north of Lerwick?

Ok, I know that the Town Service does not start until 8.30 but, the bus still does not seem to be taking a 5min detour around LFT/Shetland Catch.

Walking from the foot of the hill/power station to LFT or the Catch means that you will miss your 8am start..

Not just bad news for Bigton, but everyone on the south feeder route.

The consultation is definitely a pain, all of south mainland at cunningsburgh. Will go and see them at Lerwick instead.

Yep, trying to figure out if we would all fit on the bus ... you haven't by any chance worked out what time we catch the bus (if any) to get there (Cunningsburgh) and back have you? :wink:

Praise be! I guess the number 6 route wasn't finished when they published it?

The timings are similar, the lunch bus gets back about an hour and half later but that's good, all the saturday services have re-appeared, and an evening one so people can get home, AND, a night bus, on a feeder!

Pheeeeeeewwwwww. :D