New bus timetables and consultation

Speccy

only way i will get on a bus is if the put the buses leave later. i finish work at 5pm and there is no way i can catch any bus leaving at the times just now.

the earliest any 5pm bus should leave the viking is 5.15 or 5.20. if bussed left later then more would be able to finish wotk and get to the bus in time.

later busses would also help in the 'rush' hour as at the moment the bigest had up is the blinking busses, if they left the viking later then the people with cars would get a chance to leave the toon before the slow busses came and stopped trafic altogether

As an aside;

Apart from Brian Smith, does anyone know of any SIC employees who use Public Transport to/from their work?

Yep, quite a few, not that we see Brian that much on the bus...

Not being pedantic but, how many is 'quite a few'? The SIC total workforce is something over 3,000. Total bus capacity is way below that.

A (very rough and, very probably an over-estimate) guess would be something in the region of 5% leaving 95% to travel by other means..

Hi,

I can understand cutting 10-30 am from Lerwick to Sumburgh however why cut the 12 midday from Lerwick to Sumburgh that was really popular and convinient .

Now you have got to wait an extra hour and bit into the afternoon forcing you to have lunch in town, then don't get back til gone 2pm which fine if you don't work or have children to get back to school etc.

The 1-25 pm bus will be so packed, a nightmare for anyone using prams.

If anyone who has appointments in Lerwick in the morning and then needs to get any children back to nursery or school, by time they are home there is no point sending them back to school. Whole day wasted virtually.

Oh well, so much for keeping cars off the road and trying to get people using public transport then.

Haven't you heard that anywhere north of Brae is invisible on sunday ? This is yet another notch on the post for centralisation!

Not just north of Brae, notice no mention of the sunday west bus, despite it running for all my lifetime.

Let's face it, without a bus service on a Sunday, life is difficult beyond reason and we have to make that known to those that believe they are God but don't need a bus pass :!: :!: :!:

Well for Skeld, Sand, Reawick And Garderhouse it's a farce as the bus won't be able to stick to the timetable for the next 4 months due to a road department that don't understand planning. I would like to see the new amended timetable for the road closures at Laxaburn. Maybe that's why there is only a 2 weekly shopper.