New bus timetables and consultation

Speccy

• 4 weeks later...

If whoever's in charge of buses these days wants to provide a decent covering service for no more money, they could try raising the fares by a minimum of 25%.....Yes, you did read that right, I know I usually moan things are far too dear, but this is one thing I will make an exception of.

Last I used a bus, 30 years ago, a single from the Ness to the toon was just under a pound, its only £2.00 today....it would need to be at least £2.50 to have maintained its real value. Ness to the toon and back is 50 mile, anybody that won't pay a fiver (10p/mile) for that trip is being unrealistic, doing the same run in a car is going to cost you at least twice that.

Better still, take the SIC/Zetrans/whoever out of the picture altogether, and let operators run whatever routes they believe they can make pay, just like it used to be. Things seemed to work better back then, and if any public money was involved it must have been well hidden, as there was never any word about the buses costing the Council countless thousands back then.

• 4 weeks later...