Time to deal with the spammers, bumpers and miscreants..

Malcolm

Time to deal with the spammers, bumpers and miscreants who (in particular) misuse the classifieds.

It is high time the mods set someone on to deal with the classifieds as a singular entity. The amount of misuse is now getting out of hand.

I have reported an advertiser on more than one occasion and it takes several reminders before they are dealt with.

If the mods are looking for some who is impartial and not afraid to deal with these people then I will put my name in the hat.

Mal

Thanks for the offer, Mal. I'm not able to authorise you, I'm afraid, but I'm sure the appropriate people will see and appreciate.

I'm trying me best, honest guv', but it's proving to be much more work than I've got time for. I know the same is true for the others too. More hands may well help, but I think prevention is going to be better than cure. This will require software updates to make signing up or posting more difficult.

It's a balance.

For what it's worth though: I completely agree that the spam situation is out of hand.

I have reported an advertiser on more than one occasion and it takes several reminders before they are dealt with.

Just a note also that your reports are not being ignored, we can't read every post on every thread, sometimes the reports and/or the spam slips off the recent posts list and so is missed (at least thats how I usually miss 'em!)

Unfortunately the current batch of spammers seem to have an inordinate amount of free time :?

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately the current batch of spammers seem to have an inordinate amount of free time :?

Dir needin libbit tae wye ur da tidder, an shun, dir no entin ocht idder an ir fit ta tak da place ower noo.

Sugar, that's the last time I comment that I'm getting better at reading Ghostie's posts. Takes a deep breath ...

They're needing castrating one way or the other, and soon, they're not heeding anything other and are fit to take the place over now.

Edit:

Metaphorically: They're needing to be stopped in their tracks one way or another and soon. They're not heeding anything else and are taking the place over now.

I'm off for a lie down now. :arrow: :arrow: