rent rise

Redrobbie99

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised peat has not mentioned the council tax benefit cut. rossendale just south of were he represents is facing $200 per benefit bill cut. this on top of the other cuts ie empty room etc. we could be classed as luck.

well those on benefits can.

maybe a free Scotland will be a fairer and freer country.

im sick of the tories blaming all the faults of the economy on the worst off typical ploy and sadly loads are still falling for it.

labour were no better they were planning to shaft the poor sick and old.

the libdems are just a sell out.

that sadly only leaves us with snp. which is sad for a life long labour man.

I already have mentioned it Paul. The 10% cut is being passed onto the 49% who are in receipt of council tax benefits because they are less than retirement age. Some councils have taken the hit to protect the lowest paid. This will not affect Scottish residents because the SNP are covering it in their budget, a free Scotland or not.

You're correct, the fuel usage of a truck has so little to do with rent rises that it could well be described as "nothing", but it was you who introduced it as a subject on this rent rise thread?

Simply because it was used as a comparison against the possible cost of the delegation and the fact that there are other savings that could be made.

I folks want to view the stats of the full list of 212 vehicle and all their costs pm me and I will put it on dropbox.

No, sadly.

If you are in social housing, you may need to seek advice in case of overcrowding.

Alas, you could be entitled to a larger house, therefore more rent... :?:

Err SP, are you aware that 3 people can live in a 1 bed flat? Yeah, you've said "may" and yes, there are guidelines re children under certain ages and guidelines re opposite sexes sharing rooms but they allow for the use of the living room as sleeping accommodation also.

Edit: So you'd have to take the guidelines into account re 6 peeps in a 3 bed house for it to warrant being classed as "statutory overcrowding".

well thats the letter come with this years new rent price . moved into our 3 bed hjaltland house 2 years ago and in that time the rent has increased from £330 to now this years £398 ! am sure my pay has certainly not increased £70 a month oh but the shopping bill has....... sad times

well thats the letter come with this years new rent price . moved into our 3 bed hjaltland house 2 years ago and in that time the rent has increased from £330 to now this years £398 ! am sure my pay has certainly not increased £70 a month oh but the shopping bill has....... sad times

How much does it cost to rent a 3-bedroomed house in the private sector in Shetland these days?