Cakes, Cakes, Cakes!!

FatBob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really was not meant in that manner at all, it was supposed to be an ice breaker and a way of finding like minded people in Shetland with a passion for cakes and anything crafty as I sew and make all sorts things getting to know them and a way of perhaps becoming informed of things that are happening that may be of interest to me...... should have know that joining a forum would generate negative remarks, all forums are the same!

just saying..

actually It was I that posted on the first account, not knowing that it was my husband that was logged into the forum, however following your comments I dont think I would want to join the Womans Rural as I find what you said very unwelcoming!!

also for your information I had a very established business in England and had made cakes for a celebrity that was featured in OK magazine and really do not need the help of people up here, especially unwelcoming ones that feel the need to make rude comments and intimidate people on public forums. Thank you for the invite anyway :D

hahahahaha!! actually these are made by my lovely wife and I am sorry if anyone feels that this is being used as free advertising, thought it would be good to have more Shetland people on her page for her to interact with and get to know people. As for the FatBob bit, you will never know hahaha!

I think you might find that you do need the help of people 'up here' even if its just to buy your cakes :wink:

another person that has misinterpreted the whole point of my initial post and just seen it as an opportunity to jump on the band wagon and have a go instead of being helpful and pointing me in direction of things that I might like to become involved in...

Surely, if people are going to make this into a public hanging I am allowed to defend myself??

I know there are some lovely homebakers up here and our family has many itself, I am not completely ignorant to what takes place up here, I have been visiting here for the last 6years staying with my family. I am a little disappointed though that certain members of this Forum have turned this into a negative thread giving people like you the chance to have a pop!

thank you for your comments I hope you have a lovely day!

another person that has misinterpreted the whole point of my initial post

Hi, I have recently moved to Shetland and ran my own Cake business in Northampton, I would really love to share what I do with you all so for everyone that may be on Face Book please join my page if you love beautiful cakes

many thanks

Not much room for misinterpretation there!

Actually I don't see any problem with what you've quoted sukibind!

She was just offering a hand of friendship to like minded cake loving (as in baking/decorating/sharing/eating),artsy, craftsy type people that enjoy similar interests with her.

I think mikeyboy and sukibind might be related at least see you share similar interests and are like minded as well.

Personally boogie ... WELCOME TO SHETLAND ...

afraid this isn't the best start for you or introduction to the best of Shetland. But looking at the sunny side, you've seen the bottom so it can only be up from here:)

I think you've been lovely and gracious with the abuse you've received.

Now, there are night/weekend classes you can take that will develop interests you may have in crafts up here and gives a chance to meet people.

Another thing I would suggest is the craft fair and food fair on in November at clickimmin, it's a good thing to go to to get a good cross section of what's here. I would suggest the previously mentioned links as places to join. Winter in Shetland is hunkering down with knotting and crocheting and getting some work done. Have a look at the calendar on here as well as there are groups meeting that you might find you want to be a part of. Also, maybe you can donate teaching time to groups who would love to try what you have to show even if it's just for the fellowship of it and the laughter we share.

Chin up!! There are a number of people who are really kind, caring... Oh and humane..up here who have similar interests. We enjoy the sharing and learning and the growth but not the gossiping :)

Very nice meeting you and love your pics!!

I had a very nice day thank you. How was yours?

I think you are being a tad sensitive. I was merely pointing out that Shetland has some very fine bakers who don't feel the need to tell us all the time.

You are the one who mentioned your cake company. You are the one that mentioned Ok magazine whatever that is. You also said " once you have tried my cupcakes you will not eat any other" I think I will be the judge of that to be honest.

You have made these comments on a public forum and guess what we get to discuss it. I don't think I have been rude. I haven't jumped on any bandwagon or had a go. Also public hanging was never mentioned.

By the way I don't know who Sukibind is so I am not sure what you are on about Peerie Trow

also for your information I had a very established business in England and had made cakes for a celebrity that was featured in OK magazine and really do not need the help of people up here,

Doncha know who I am! My cake is a Z list celebratory. OK!!

Ha! Ha! This is so funny I have made it my first post..... Hi, everyone. :lol: