Road Works

Urabug

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wider pavements are likely to be welcomed in Lerwick. At least when double yellow lines are painted on the road a driver will now be able to get all 4 wheels of his vehicle off the road and onto the pavement instead of just two.

Bollards, bollards, bollards, I'm sure the mighty SIC will have a grand plan to make it all all right with more bloody bollards. Them things seem to breed excellently on the sultry western shores of the sparkling Muddy Bay. Or then yet another "pretty" half height "drunk trap" wall. :roll:

• 6 months later...

I just drove past the esplanade today. First day the new layout has been open.

Buses stopped on the narrowed road waiting to get into the shortened bus stop outside Harbour House holding up the traffic behind. Cars trying to overtake the buses to get moving. Cruise Liner at the pier with many people trying to cross the road through it all.

These 'improvements' don't seem to have got off to a good start. Or maybe I just hit it at a bad time.

I just drove past the esplanade today. First day the new layout has been open.

Buses stopped on the narrowed road waiting to get into the shortened bus stop outside Harbour House holding up the traffic behind. Cars trying to overtake the buses to get moving. Cruise Liner at the pier with many people trying to cross the road through it all.

These 'improvements' don't seem to have got off to a good start. Or maybe I just hit it at a bad time.

There's nowt wrong with that section of road, it's a simple layout that shouldn't be an issue to any competent and responsible driver.

It's the simple pillocks driving the vehicles who create the problems - not the road.

They were nout wrong we it before they started messing about. They could have left Harrison Square alown too. Then just blocked it off now and again when the market was on. I thought we were meant to be saving money?

altough the nice new tar beside the TSB is an improvment from the patchwork quilt design that was there from the failed flag stones that were a disaster from the day they put them down.

After all the work that has been done instead of putting the continental market that is coming in a weeks time to Hariison Square they are putting it under the fort.

I dont belive my eyes, under the fort!? so why have we lost harrison square for parking, if when something is on they dont actualy use it?

you couldna make it up!