computer help pretty please

fionajohn

it was only on the screen for 30 mins according to the poster, id hardly call that a hang, in relation to windows update times.

also as the hdd light was flashing then it hasnt hung, it was processing - thats why i said it was dangerous to switch it off at that point

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one :)

• 1 month later...
Would any kind Shetlinker be able to inform me how to email an attachment from letter written in word. I would be grateful and hopefully you won't say that I should know! Thank you.
Have you actually saved the word document on your pc? If so, whatever email service you use will have an "attach file" button which will bring up a box in which you can navigate to where you saved the file. If you don't need to send the actual Word file but just the text (i.e. losing most of the Word formatting) then as Urabug says just copy from the Word document onto the text area of your email.

Would any kind Shetlinker be able to inform me how to email an attachment from letter written in word. I would be grateful and hopefully you won't say that I should know! Thank you.

From within Word document letter itself, click "File" followed by "Send to" followed by "Mail Recipient (as attachment)" The software will then ask you which package to use to send it and usually defaults to the e-mail program you set as your default (Outlook or Google usually pop up).

Alternatively, open your e-mail program and look for the paperclip icon which is usually the symbol for attachment.