Serco Ferry

Frances144

Serco:

Chookargyll: No disrespect, but I assume you can supply hard evidence to back up your statements?

You may see soon enough....

Though, risking their job to satisfy the needs of an anonymous forum in providing "hard" evidence is not that high up up the necessity factor. If you want that, write to Serco, put those allegations to them, and wait. Then, you will have held them to account.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

typical serco out to make money and sod their staff and customers. as for breakfast on the boat, what we tend to do is walk up to morrisons in king st, you get a great breakfast there for under a fiver. we eat before going on the boat, and make up sandwichjes for the journey, much cheaper than eating on board

The cost of amendment is shocking, if what you're saying is true. I could put up with the rest but bad weather means I would change my travel date, but half the cost of the trip?? The £10 charge would be worth swallowing to have a comfortable crossing but not the half total cost. That's dreadful!

Just in case anyone isn't aware, sometime over the last year or so Flybe introduced an additional fare, usually about £10 more than the economy, which includes being able to change flights for no extra charge (allowing for space etc).

This, combined with the dedicated "Jet" bus to the airport being under £2, means flying is only slightly more expensive as it is.

I foolishly thought introducing better sleeping options for non-cabin buyers and "public" showers was designed to attract people to travel on a budget. Not so, or so it seems from the above.

Serco:

Chookargyll: No disrespect, but I assume you can supply hard evidence to back up your statements?

You may see soon enough....

Though, risking their job to satisfy the needs of an anonymous forum in providing "hard" evidence is not that high up up the necessity factor. If you want that, write to Serco, put those allegations to them, and wait. Then, you will have held them to account.

Nope, doesn't wash.

Anonymously posting on a forum doesn't make something hard fact. Chook has posted intelligently, but without some form of evidence then it's back to "I heard that...."

And there's too much of that pish on here already.

BTW: I'm inclined to believe Chook, but I prefer to deal with hard facts, not opinion. Just looking for something more solid.

How is he wasting his time? I for one am very grateful for the information he posted, as, it seems, is everyone who's posted since. It reinforces rumours I have heard and covers a lot of ground.

It is still an anonymous post on a web forum though and I understand the reasons for that, but we need to wait until any of this can be substantiated before anybody can do anything.

It's interesting to hear that Serco Northlink are turning passengers away in November! That doesn't sit well with a 'lifeline' service provision.

How's about the Shetland Times asking Serco Northlink if there's any truth in what's being said,and then printing a response.

You can strike the words lifeline out any conversation regarding this operation.

Once this contract was awarded to a private operator answerable to private share holders who require a dividend it became a private business.(Subsidised by Scottish Executive)

My understanding is that the previous operator had to hand back a certain amount of any profit they made,again,it seems that this is not the case with Serco, Surprise,surprise!!!

This service should be run by a board of directors who are only answerable to Scottish Executive.

How is he wasting his time? I for one am very grateful for the information he posted, as, it seems, is everyone who's posted since. It reinforces rumours I have heard and covers a lot of ground.

It is still an anonymous post on a web forum though and I understand the reasons for that, but we need to wait until any of this can be substantiated before anybody can do anything.

It's interesting to hear that Serco Northlink are turning passengers away in November! That doesn't sit well with a 'lifeline' service provision.

Exactly.