How Safe is Your Hospital

Silvercloud

Hello Owre-weel - well I wonder what his issue is with me with reporting to the health board as I have not given details of my issues, he started reporting. When there is no illegal issue then it any documentation will be sent to Vitalite, margarine tub, sitting on the shelve, Tesco/Coop/any shop. I will post if anything comes of it. Cheerio as Shetlink is not for me with this.

OMG, you're not turning into a cereal killer are you? :wink:

Hello Owre-weel - well I wonder what his issue is with me with reporting to the health board as I have not given details of my issues, he started reporting. When there is no illegal issue then it any documentation will be sent to Vitalite, margarine tub, sitting on the shelve, Tesco/Coop/any shop. I will post if anything comes of it. Cheerio as Shetlink is not for me with this.

OMG, you're not turning into a cereal killer are you? :wink:

Oh your on the ball tonight unlinked :lol:

goodbye.

No I certainly am not Unlinkedstudent.

Ghostie will be relieved to learn of that. After all, there can be only one!

I would have said that I would do CPR on you if you fell down before me, well I won't say that now after the comments. GOODBYE.

Rather presumptious of you, assuming that I'd not want a natural death and just be left to go on my merry way to explore the astral plane is it not? Honestly, life's not all it's cracked up to be - or should that be my rib cage?

Vitalite - learn to lighten up! I've had far more digs at me on this forum than you've probably - well, been spread on rounds of toast but what the hell - ta-ra then!

so unlink your turning vinny jones down then.

yes NICEguidelines are quite useful. if you look at the research behind them they are very useful. but has said don't even bother mentioning them up here.

i suppose its all politics why one group could not have covered all of the uk. yes i know scotland must have its own thing.

Thats all very well ,but in interest of patient safety and all that, we should be using best possible research and evidence we have avilable at the time no matter where it is in the UK.

The other thing with gagging orders that doesn't sit right with me using NHS trust funds to silence our doctors and nurses about poor standards by putting into their contracts.

When the money could be better used for patient care and when health professionals raise issues /concerns on poor standard of care it is acted upon swiftly and sensibly to improve care standards for teh public instead of gagging them and covering up tatics of bad practice and treatment.

Thats all very well ,but in interest of patient safety and all that, we should be using best possible research and evidence we have avilable at the time no matter where it is in the UK.

The other thing with gagging orders that doesn't sit right with me using NHS trust funds to silence our doctors and nurses about poor standards by putting into their contracts.

When the money could be better used for patient care and when health professionals raise issues /concerns on poor standard of care it is acted upon swiftly and sensibly to improve care standards for teh public instead of gagging them and covering up tatics of bad practice and treatment.

totally agree that the best researched care standards should be used. this however can result in terminal patients losing there life extending drugs.

when they issued the confidentality (sorry spell checkers has stopped working) update to the contracts most of the staff were not keen. but it takes a very brave person to refuse and lose their job if they are the main breadwinner.

Well how scary is that when you are admitted to hospital then ?

Who now exactly looking after patients best interests who is acting under their professional code properly then for advocacy?

If nursing and medical staff cannot safely speak out on poor or dangerous practice for fear of losing their jobs ,damaging a career or making their life generally hell, how much covering up is really going on and much is serouly not being reported bar minor stuff?

If your left no choice but to sign because otherwise no job and main breadwinner your signng something surely under duress it cannot be legal surely ?

So you have staff working in fear just brilliant for morale ,just excellent patient care then and to top it all off you might not be treated following best guidelines lovely .