Malcomsons bakery RIP

Guest tiodylb17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another piece of Shetlands past bites the dust.

Not convinced you can blame the supermarkets, as the business seems to have been poorly operated for a while noo. I have driven to the town to find the shop closed and often little choice of bread etc.

The place was looking a bit grubby of late. But I did love their butteries.

Sad to see it go now as that leaves the town without a bakery

:cry:

It's a real shame and a bit of a shock but maybe the writing was on the wall, especially after some of what I see and read above.

However, it's years since I bought any Malcolmson's stuff because I just felt it was bogging. The other Shetland bakerys are miles ahead.

A friend of mine who went for an interview with them some years ago layed warnings on me never to buy anything from there after what he'd seen :shock:

I wonder who's bought the building?.

Is it just me that think all bakeries in Shetland are below par? It doesn't surprise me to see them go out of business at all to be honest.

All of the bakeries are essentially the same, the same cakes, same icing, same bread. None of the bakeries (except from rolls) can bake a decent loaf, and surely that should be a bakeries staple?!

Shetland really does lack a good quality bakery that does something a little bit different!