Fryers

Malcolm

Guest posiedon
I'm curious - Do these shallow fat fryers use less oil and that is the attraction because surely spuds/chips will soak up the same amount of oil regardless so they can't be healthier or can they? :ponders:
My bold.

See my post above, the Tefal actifry uses only a table spoon of oil to make a kilo of chips.

I'm curious - Do these shallow fat fryers use less oil and that is the attraction because surely spuds/chips will soak up the same amount of oil regardless so they can't be healthier or can they? :ponders:
My bold.

See my post above, the Tefal actifry uses only a table spoon of oil to make a kilo of chips.

Yes, I saw the tablespoon comment but is that the attraction?

Are they healthier because surely potatoes can only soak up a certain amount of oil regardless of whether they are cooked in a litre or a tablespoon? Is it the case then that when they are cooked in a litre of oil they only can physically soak up a tablespoon of oil or do they retain and soak up more?

Edit: Is that a kilo of chips before or after cooking?

Guest posiedon

unlinkedstudent

Are they healthier because surely potatoes can only soak up a certain amount of oil regardless of whether they are cooked in a litre or a tablespoon? Is it the case then that when they are cooked in a litre of oil they only can physically soak up a tablespoon of oil or do they retain and soak up more?

No idea. Check the depth of oil in your chip pan/deep frat fryer before and after coking a pan of chips.
Edit: Is that a kilo of chips before or after cooking?
Before, after, there will be very little difference. (The moisture removed from the chips) might equal the oil absorbed by said chips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...