Hercules freight plane

1979 Sheltie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 737 can use Sumburgh. Hercules are common, they used them to ferry food during the dockers or seamen's strike in Aug '73, and Danish Air Force ones are common using it as a diversion when Faroe has had to be closed due to weather after the flight is airborne.

http://photos.shetland-museum.org.uk/index.php?a=indexes&s=item&key=IYToxOntpOjA7czo4OiJBdmlhdGlvbiI7fQ==&pg=363 heres the 737

A 737 can use Sumburgh. Hercules are common, they used them to ferry food during the dockers or seamen's strike in Aug '73, and Danish Air Force ones are common using it as a diversion when Faroe has had to be closed due to weather after the flight is airborne.

http://photos.shetland-museum.org.uk/index.php?a=indexes&s=item&key=IYToxOntpOjA7czo4OiJBdmlhdGlvbiI7fQ==&pg=363 heres the 737

Just to complete the 737 story - hope there's someone videoing the Tesco Herc landing and departure.

Just to complete the 737 story - hope there's someone videoing the Tesco Herc landing and departure.

oh i will defo

Keep quiet but they also do a good Chinese/Indian/Orkney drop off of your choice and at your location. To account for trajectory and weather, if you are in Lerwick, for example, your drop is guaranteed to land somewhere in Shetland or slightly to the east'ish. Great service and they do rescues too!

A lot of people ripping Tesco saying their in it for the money or telling others to shop local but why are folk using the classifieds to auction off turkeys to each other? People wanting veg on there too.

Well done Tesco. Hope it works out.

22,000 people shopping for sprouts locally would be very disappointed.

Customer service 100% Tesco.

Okay, some folks are saying it's great customer service and well done Tesco but looking at the overall picture I just find it very sad that it has come to this.

Have we as a community become so selfish and self-centred that to not have "what we want" or that certain bag of fruit and vegetables was going to ruin our Christmas?.

Could we really not have survived with what was still available in Shetland?. And I'm sure there was more than enough to choose from.

Have we really become like a suburb of doon sooth where there's childish panic buying at the drop of a hat?.

I'm probably wasting my time but come on Shetland, get a grip......