Whooping cough

Longdog

Hi, just thought I'd share this advice re. whooping cough http://www.whoopingcough.net/treatment.htm as it's been very helpful for me reducing my coughing.

I'm on Shetland and caught it despite me and my family being immunised. took 3 weeks to get to the whooping phase, dry horrible cough first, then hacking cough with phlegm and now whooping which is just awful, before that I just thought it was an annoying cough.

Anyway if you get it try to hold you breath through the coughing, mouth closed, and then when you can hold no longer breath in through your nose. It seems to reduce the violence of it, is easier on the throat so it doesn't start off another attack and less likelyhood of the whopping and choking as the throat stays more relaxed.

See your gp too for antibiotics to try and stop the spread.

Blimey!! Hope you're alright and get well soon. My bairn just received their immunisation for this. It's a horrible thought of children getting it, if an adult finds it so bad. :?

And to think, the purple prat and his followers want us to stop immunising our kids against things like this. :evil:

Best wishes, anyway.