Israel vs. Middle Eastern Arab states

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it!

What the hell were they thinking? They knew there was a naval embargo on Gaza and yet they refused to comply with the strongest military power in the region, going as far as to tell them to go f**k themselves when requested to allow inspection for weapons. ANY INJURIES ON THOSE SHIPS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MASTER.

As long as the area is a war zone then Israel has every right to board ships trying to enter the area.

maybe I should start firing home made missiles into my neighbours garden and then in some folks eyes I would be able to do no wrong :roll:

If your neighbours moved in to your family home forced you in to one corner of your garden, fenced you in, slaughtered your family and people and murdered those who tried to come to your aid then you would have every right to retaliate......

Slaughtering these peace keepers & aid workers involved in the floatilla no matter who the master is, is a crime against humanity.

... facts will never be a burden to you when it comes to events like today's.

Facts such as today's are hardly a burden to the way I perceive the world. Rather, they reinforce my low opinion of the Zionist regime which you bend over backwards to support.

^

Pathetic.

Why?

I think it is pathetic that rather than choosing to address the fundamentals of today's crisis, or to distance yourself from the outrageously rogue-state behaviour of Israel, you think it smart to stoop to crude insults.

Because you don't want me to point out your prejudice before any kind of investigation has taken place?

Investigations will no doubt prove illuminating, but the agreed facts so far established are sufficiently damning to warrant immediate outrage.

The most telling aspect of this situation is the brazen manner Israel ludicrously continues its PR spin to try to maintain its posture of civilisation and righteousness.

The killing of at least 10 people and the injuring of many more on board the flotilla taking aid to Gaza is the latest in a series of crimes which should see Israel condemned under international law. The 600 protesters were on a peaceful mission and unarmed.

Israel has repeatedly flouted law and public opinion worldwide in its treatment of the Palestinians. Its bombing of Gaza in 2009 and its continued blockade has caused outrage round the world. The flotilla was an attempt to bring aid to the blockaded population of Gaza. It was supported by many organisations and individuals internationally.

The decision by Israel to attack the flotilla with such loss of human life shows its arrogant and deadly intent in opposing any aid to the Palestinians.

The British and EU governments should immediately condemn this act of terror and break all links with Israel.

The http://www.stopwar.org.uk// joined other organisations at 2pm today to demonstrate outside Downing Street.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10195997.stm

Facts such as today's are hardly a burden to the way I perceive the world. Rather, they reinforce my low opinion of the Zionist regime which you bend over backwards to support.

I’ll support Zionism and Israel when it is justified. I have to bend over backwards to do it sometimes exactly because of your type of biased opinions. With an even handed commentaor like Crofter I will criticise aspects of Israel til the cows come home. With you its a dull slog against the blinkered and uninformed.

I think it is pathetic that rather than choosing to address the fundamentals of today's crisis, or to distance yourself from the outrageously rogue-state behaviour of Israel, you think it smart to stoop to crude insults.

I’ll gladly address the fundamentals, you’re claim of a massacre before any facts were available is an example of your prejudice against Israel and well worthy of insult. If you think being called prejudiced is an insult you should have waited to see footage of Israeli soldiers being attacked by a mob of ‘peace activists’, being thrown from the top deck of the ship and [its claimed] of being shot at.

Investigations will no doubt prove illuminating, but the agreed facts so far established are sufficiently damning to warrant immediate outrage.

Which are what? If you really believe that Israel boarded the ship and started shooting at people without due cause that is up to you, it’s not a “fact such as today’s†though. It’s your own ‘fact’ (which you held long before any clarification through the day) and you’re welcome to it.

Damning in the cack handedness of the IDF operation and the apparent lack of intelligence that should have shown this outcome likely, then yes.

If you want to defend the mob on the Marmara or the mob of fundamentalists that rule Gaza go ahead, that tactic is the easiest of all to defend against. All I can suggest is you join your brothers in person. Get in your boat with a box of elastoplast humanitarian aid and turn left at Portugal.

The most telling aspect of this situation is the brazen manner Israel ludicrously continues its PR spin to try to maintain its posture of civilisation and righteousness.

Really? Why is Israel showing videos of a mob attacking soldiers with clubs and throwing a soldier off the top deck of the ship brazenly ludicrous PR spin? It’s what happened on the ship, if it didn’t in your mind that is again your prejudice. Don't be prejudiced is my advice in general, try taking it, its for the best.

This is a product of arrogance, bred by decades of indulgence. Israeli politicians and the IDF believe that they have the right to go anywhere, do anything, if it serves their perceived interests, and no-one can blame them for believing that, because for decades they have been given free rein to go anywhere and do anything.

The blockade on Gaza is illegal. Sending armed commandos onto humanitarian aid ships in international waters is illegal.

Any arguments about what happened after that are redundant.

A US ship delivering aid to ethiopia was attacked in international waters by somalia pirates. The somali pirates stormed the ship gunning down 19 of the aid workers. A somali spokesmen said the somalians were defending themselves against US pre meditated violence with sticks and knives. The Somalian pirates have towed the US ship into a somali port and will deliver the aid to ethiopia themselves after sorting what is allowed and what isn't

William Hague the Foreign Minister for UK has expressed concern, and the US president Barak Obama says he regrets the loss of life

Or let me put it another way.

If i broke into your house and then complained you attacked me and so was justified in shooting you, would i be a madman or working for the israeli disinformation agency

Israel is a rogue state. The issue is no longer aid to gaza, the issue is the legitmicay of Israel. Would you really trust israel to Not place a seige on gaza again sometime in the future if it is lifted now.

Israel needs to be completely isolated , diplomatically, economically , culturally and economically until it complies with international law. returns to 67 borders, allows the return of palestinan refugees, and facilitates a viable palestinan state that can defend itself and has full control over its air, sea and land borders with east jerusalum as its capital.

The benefits our politicians get from associating with israel may seem like a bargain but it is a deal with the devil.

The blockade constitutes collective punishment under international law and must be lifted immediately. And that as the occupying power, Israel has a duty under international law to ensure the welfare of Gaza’s inhabitants, including their rights to health, education, food and adequate housing - Amnesty International

The dead have joined Rachel Corrie, Tom Hurndall, James Miller and Brian Avery in giving up their lives for the Palestinians. None of these young men and women went out to die or wanted to die or was accepting of death. Each and every one of them ultimately believed that they were safe; that there was a boundary – call it a boundary of legality, a boundary of civilisation – that Israel would not cross. They were wrong. And in proving them wrong, Israel has revealed, once again, its true face to the world.

This face, of course, the Palestinians know well. They see it every day in the teenage soldiers of the occupation chewing gum as they dish out humiliations, in the settlers shooting young Palestinians with impunity, in the soldiers firing gas canisters at the heads of demonstrators. The world saw that face in January last year when Israel unleashed the might of its air force on Gaza – the only time in modern warfare that a civilian population was sealed in as it was being bombed and shelled. Now Israel is out on the high seas killing internationals.

Israel must pay the moral and economic price for its crimes

"Millions of people in the world are feeling the same", says Egyptian writer Ahdaf Soueif. "People everywhere see and understand what is happening. The time has come for the governments that represent us to stop engaging with Israeli lies and excuses."

http://stopwar.org.uk

The blockade is to stop munitions entering Gaza which are then targeted at Israeli civilians. It is also being used to weaken the rulers of the state run by Hamas who's intent is the destruction of Israel.

Imagine if you can that you are a person who holds the position of not being in favor of Israeli citizens being attacked by rockets. If you want the blockade lifted what system do you propose to employ that ensures no addition arms or components or anything facilitating this end comes into Gaza?

If you're anti blockade I'm sure you (or Amnesty) have an alternative that ensures the safety of Israeli citizens.