ATOS

Na, you wrong, Distortio (Well, apart from those who dine out on the likes of the X Factor - not me, cos I haven't watched television since May last year).

I blame various governments and the civil servants who dreamt up the policies in the first place!

you can't have it both ways, blaming govt/civil servants (who are by no means the only people responsible for dreaming up policies) and at the same time defending those same policies. :?

I've defended the need to change the policies. Sugar, I forgot to include the academics; look how many of their theories end up as laws.

you've also defended the cuts and admitted to being a tory voter.

and yes, hand-picked academics, chosen because the conclusions of their research (usually funded by organisations who stand to profit massively from the implementation of the policy in question) allow them to justify the policy. and then there's the lobby groups, and the aforementioned "independent" think tanks...

yeah, that'll work fine. :roll:

and don't call me sugar.

30+ years on, no change. Get used to it people, this is how it is, nothing ever changes regardless of whoever is in charge, power corrupts.

you were saying in another thread how the entire financial system is about to collapse, surely that would be a change?

Not relevant, "the man" would continue to treat the little people with contempt and screw them over at every opportunity, same as always. It matters not one jot what faces or party colours hold sway at any given time, nor the state the country may be in, the country is run from top to bottom by civil servants who want to keep their own personal gravy trains filled to the brim permanently.

FROM THE NO2BEDROOMTAX GROUP

This is a mantra that I will repeat and repeat.

Political power is not just at Westminster and Holyrood. The greatest and most powerful political power is when communities unite and the the collective power they have.

I urge you to either join a local no2bedroomtax branch or create your own branch. Over the weekend we will be produce an FAQ for creating local groups.

We will give you as much support as you need. But it is important that YOU take the first step.

So will any of you set up a group for Shetland?

I am not party political and until now have not felt I wanted to become involved in any particular movement. However, I feel strongly about this issue - you may have guessed that.

I don't think I can take this on by myself so anyone who would be prepared to do it I would help in anyway I can.

So will any of you set up a group for Shetland?

I am not party political and until now have not felt I wanted to become involved in any particular movement. However, I feel strongly about this issue - you may have guessed that.

I don't think I can take this on by myself so anyone who would be prepared to do it I would help in anyway I can.

I am very disappointed with the level of interest that has been shown towards the bedroom tax (only 15 people have voted in bedroom tax poll which i started and half think it is fare!) and i really can not understand it :(

I believe there are to be around 190 properties in Shetland affected by it.

Unless these people have got a discretionary payment through to help for this year and are unaware that it is unlikely to be there for them next year?

Another thing which i feel is affecting local support for it is that the Tory propaganda machine is working as i think that a lot of people who know no better think that everyone on benefits is receiving £26,000 a year :x and living a life of luxury and they are all "skivers" and "scroungers"

In the speech Tommy Sheridan gave he mentioned that there was a bill going through Holyrood sometime this month and if it is approved, housing debt would be classed as normal debt which would mean no one would be evicted, so i think that is the best we can hope for in the short term given the apparent local interest\support for it.