ATOS

^^

What complete and utter garbage.

The Labour party, spent, spent and spent again irrespective of the damage it was doing to the economy. Why not take your head from your backside and see the state of the UK finances when Labour lost the election?

Good to see that you are resulting to school playground abuse as it strongly indicates that you have lost the argument.

So, I am a liar and a hypocrite, eh?

Huh !

^^

There is corruption in all walks of life and I obviously don't condone it whenever it occurs. I knew of an instance with just one accountant during my working career and knew of several at clients that we dealt with. However, whenever it can be identified, then appropriate action should always be taken.

Once again, there is a suggestion within your post that I am implying that if some claimants commit fraud then everyone must be at it. If that is what you are thinking, about the line I am taking, then it is a ludicrous thought. As accountants, we were always subject to review and our governing body would throw us out immediately at the first sign of any problems in order to maintain the integrity of the profession.

Again, going back to the welfare discussion, I repeat that if the benefit claimant has nothing to hide then they have nothing to fear by being assessed on a regular basis and could end up with increased benefits from the process.

The amusing thing is that MJ posted just three examples of fraud by accountants and the total involved dwarfed the total amount from all the cases of benefit fraud you've posted added together.

Numerous posters have provided statistics showing that tax avoidance and tax evasion by the rich outweigh the amount lost to benefit fraud by orders of magnitude, yet the tories, your party, concentrate almost all their efforts on the poor. Why?

Buy a dictionary, look up the words "perspective" and "fairness". Learn the meanings.

And when you've mastered them, look up the word "compassion" because you don't know the meaning of that, either.

There you go, again, with your personal criticisms.

I could post many, many more examples of benefit fraud and they would eventually add up to a huge figure but what would that prove when you seem to know absolutely everything, eh?

As for compassion, again you are making assumptions. You are completely oblivious to how much money I have raised and donated to various charities throughout my working life. But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

I don't need you to tell me to learn the dictionary but thanks for taking an interest in my potential further educational needs.

If you want to continue with your personal insults then I won't respond to them from now. If you wish to have a sensible debate here then I will reply for as long as I feel I want to.

Have a good weekend.

What complete and utter garbage.

The Labour party, spent, spent and spent again irrespective of the damage it was doing to the economy. Why not take your head from your backside and see the state of the UK finances when Labour lost the election?

Good to see that you are resulting to school playground abuse as it strongly indicates that you have lost the argument.

So, I am a liar and a hypocrite, eh?

Huh !

Well, lets see shall we?

The articles come from the excellent Conservative website.

If you start quoting Ed Balls, one of the chief culprits for the mess that the UK economy is in, then you have effectively lost the argument.

Hypocrite.

If you start quoting Ed Balls, one of the chief culprits for the mess that the UK economy is in, then you have effectively lost the argument.

Liar.

Seems simple enough to me.

Did someone say something?

big huge ????- am finding your posts both boring and utter garbage. You have not a clue to the reality of the situation for both sick and disabled folk in shetland.

think you are needing an insirational moment or something .....

The amusing thing is that MJ posted just three examples of fraud by accountants and the total involved dwarfed the total amount from all the cases of benefit fraud you've posted added together.

Numerous posters have provided statistics showing that tax avoidance and tax evasion by the rich outweigh the amount lost to benefit fraud by orders of magnitude, yet the tories, your party, concentrate almost all their efforts on the poor. Why?

I would add that that three examples were on the first page of Google when I typed in "accountant fraud". People demonise benefit cheats (not that I condone it) when white collar crime probably deprives the Exchequer more.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financial-crime/8566897/HMRC-opens-16-criminal-cases-over-tax-evasion.html

tut 50,000 folks chose to admit there tax avoidance to save themselves being prosecuted. 500 million recovered what remains to be found.

2 billion recovered from Switzerland in unpaid taxes.

the Tories suck just as much on the economy as labour. with out that 2 billion they would have been even more into the red.

as other have said it was the poor control of the banks that lead to this. a world problem. however labour do have to be blamed for their management.

typical tory behaviour http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/margaret-thatcher-tax-snatcher-mystery-1828441

Did someone say something?

big huge ????- am finding your posts both boring and utter garbage. You have not a clue to the reality of the situation for both sick and disabled folk in shetland.

think you are needing an insirational moment or something .....

I think your postings are total trash, myself, actually with you. You should, perhaps, get out a bit more.

As for not having a clue about the reality of sick and disabled folk, you don't know about me whatsoever or what hardships I have suffered personally in my life and seen suffered by family and friends.

Why not skip through my posts and don't read them, eh? An innovative suggestion, I'd suggest.

I would add that that three examples were on the first page of Google when I typed in "accountant fraud". People demonise benefit cheats (not that I condone it) when white collar crime probably deprives the Exchequer more.

By all means keep googling and you'll find loads as I could do.

However, all fraud is wrong whoever it is perpetrated by. In professional life and with benefit claimants, systems should always be in place to catch out those committing fraud wherever it is committed.

now each of those 50,000 were stealing £10,000 from the government. whats there punishment none. Can you imagine if they had been benefit claimants. Somehow i expect their punishment would be different. .

an interesting article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192396/MPs-earning-13-TIMES-salary-taking-second-jobs.html

and more

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-mps-earnings-from-second-jobs-and-tv-work-8073112.html

nice earner this one

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-cashing-in-on-nhs-87784

^^

paulb - I am not sure as to where you are going with this.

Again, I say that ANY fraud is wrong whoever commits it. If some get away with it, whether it be done by people in their working lives or with benefit claimants, it would still be wrong and should be followed up in the law courts. It is irrelevant whether it is £1,000 or £50,000; it is still a criminal offence.

Good to see some other posters on the thread :wink:

Found a couple of interesting links regarding Atos irregularities....... Lets hope the net is closing in on not only them but Smithy as well :lol:

‘Serious concerns’ over Atos PIP contract promises

Posted by Katharine Russell on Tuesday, 18 June 2013 in Disability in the News

The controversial IT giant Atos Healthcare has broken a series of firm pledges that helped it win a £184 million disability assessment contract, Disability News Service can reveal.

It comes as the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) rolls out the assessments – for the new personal independence payment (PIP) – across the country.

The failure by Atos to fulfil the promises it made in the tender document that won the company the contract means there will be far fewer assessment centres across the south of England and London.

Whereas the tender document states that Atos has “contractually agreed†with 22 sub-contractors for them to provide a network of 750 assessment sites across that area, this has fallen to just eight sub-contractors since the contract was signed.

Neither DWP nor Atos have yet confirmed how many of the 750 assessment sites are left.

But the changes will mean that many disabled people with significant mobility and care needs will face longer journeys – possibly up to 90 minutes by public transport – to reach their assessments, rather than the maximum of 60 minutes promised by Atos when it bid successfully for the contract.

Disabled campaigners say the revelations raise serious concerns about the tendering process, and how far Atos has been able to keep the promises it made in its tender document.

It is the second time concerns have been raised about claims made in the documents submitted by Atos when tendering for four regional contracts to assess PIP claimants.

Full article here -

http://www.thefedonline.org.uk/disability-in-the-news/serious-concerns-over-atos-pip-contract-promises

MP and peers bid for answers on Atos PIP contract

Posted by Katharine Russell on Friday, 21 June 2013 in Disability in the News

A disabled MP and members of the House of Lords are set to question the government this week over the award of a £184 million disability assessment contract to the controversial contractor Atos Healthcare.

Disability News Service revealed last week that Atos had broken a series of promises that helped it win the contract to assess disabled people across London and the south of England for the new personal independence payment (PIP).

The failure by Atos to fulfil those pledges means that many disabled people will have much further to travel to their assessment centres.

The disabled Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Lloyd said he would be writing to the Conservative work and pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith “seeking clarification and also asking him what penalties the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) intend to use if it is proved that Atos have deliberately used incorrect data in their tender documentâ€.

He said: “I am extremely concerned by this information as it appears Atos may have won a substantial contract using false information. If this is the case then actions must be taken against them.â€

The concerns are also set to be raised during a one-hour debate on welfare reform on Monday (24 June), in which the Conservative welfare reform minister Lord Freud will respond for the coalition.

Full article here -

http://www.thefedonline.org.uk/disability-in-the-news/mp-and-peers-bid-for-answers-on-atos-pip-contract