Message about the police

To be honest I really wish they would just pedestrian the whole street for once and for all as they have changed the rules on the bit outside the post office so often that I'm not sure what you can do now.

I'm assuming I can still access it to pick up a large parcel up to 1130am, weel that's what I did last week and wasn't nicked.

I do have some sympathy with the OP as they keep changing the rules.

Where's the traffic warden, I haven't seen him on the street yet.

Next yon cameras will be takin photos and the first you know you will get a fine through the post. :shock:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure collecting a parcel which is too big to carry far is reason enough for access so you could do that anytime. The 11.30 to 17.30 restriction only applies to the street past the Market Cross.

If more people used the road only when neccessary (and legally), the parking spaces would be free more often for those who do need them.

Not sure about changing the rules too often. According to the link posted earlier, the existing traffic order has been in place unchanged for 12 years now. That along with the signs at the entrance should mean most folk should be aware of the law.

Looks like the fine has not gone up in 12 years either! :)

I have no problem with folk nipping that way to go to the PO, the faster we can get in and out the better in my book! Where cars in the bank/boots road do bug me as we can get in the other way. no cars should be in past the cross

One thing they would be better is to police the short term parking spaces, thats the thing that bugs me the most when you need to nip to the street for one thing, you can never get into any short term spot. its full all day with the same cars, completely hogging it for either shop staff or residents in the area.

The council,shop owners and the cops would and should be trying to get as many folk to the street and be falling over themselves to make life easy for us to shop there. where the seem to be hell bent in making life as hard as they can for their shoppers. the harder they make it the more folk wont shop there and they will all close in time.

To note it's now illegal to drive past the post office on the street unless you have a valid reason at any time. £30 fine for doing so, Do not do it! do not drive on public roads is the message am getting here, ....

You've been nicked for not obeying the rules, eh?

Good.

Hopefully that will be one less lazy clown I have to move out of the way for when I'm walking past the Post Office.

Oh yeah nice rules. This is not common law these are maritime legislations that are used to help fund the profit organisation the police are working for.

You're not Popcorn....are you?

To be honest I really wish they would just pedestrian the whole street for once and for all as they have changed the rules on the bit outside the post office so often that I'm not sure what you can do now.

I'm assuming I can still access it to pick up a large parcel up to 1130am, weel that's what I did last week and wasn't nicked.

I do have some sympathy with the OP as they keep changing the rules.

Where's the traffic warden, I haven't seen him on the street yet.

Next yon cameras will be takin photos and the first you know you will get a fine through the post. :shock:

Sorry, I have no sympathy at all with the OP.

If you're enroute to pick up a hefty parcel, then that is classed as requiring access, no problems there. Getting a stamp or using a cashpoint isn't reasonable access.

The Problem is i believe this is a statuary legislation cause there is no way the council can change an act its just not possible. so if this is statuary legislation then it must be acted upon consent of the governed we as the public are the governed there for i must agree to the charges, i did not agree to this therfore the act can not be enforced anyway, i refused to answer the police officers questions upon this and my intent was to withdraw money from the RBS bank machine therefore only option suitable would be to inform the officer so he can either A drop the charge or B will take it to court

we will just wait and see

I get peeved further along the street where it gets very narrow, such as by Bayes, where you have to step side to let vehicles pass. Also, I have almost been mown down twice in the past whilst looking at the photos in Coutts's window and vehicles swing round onto the street past Clydesdale Bank.

I always park down by the fort, when in the street, but I have often wondered if pedestrians have precedent on the street at all times; particularly as there is no pavement. What I am trying to say is that do I actually have to step aside to let a vehicle pass along the street or am I within my rights to just stand in the middle and read a newspaper, for instance, even when a vehicle is trying to pass me?

WARNING FREEMAN ALERT.

Yep. Soon as I hear the term "common law" I yawn and prepare for lots of selfish and naive huffing and puffing.

Statuary, Acts and Laws read about it

Wictionary[/url]"]

statuary (countable and uncountable; plural statuaries)

1.(uncountable) The craft of making statues.

2.(countable) A person who makes statues.

3.Statues considered collectively.

:?