rural community skips

dead mans hand

If folk start dumping indiscriminately again, you have three choices, let the SIC etc ignore it and put up with what it looks like (it wouldn't bother me, but I appreciate it does bother some others), cover the additional costs of Enviornmental Health/Police or whoever to pursue the dumpers, or cover the cost of the SIC clearing it all away periodically. The latter two options will make the currently punted "savings" quite a bit less "attractive" looking to say the least.

A fourth option might be to employ/redeploy a couple of dozen bodies to monitor known dumping sites... :D

Meanwhile, bulky waste will sit outside your house waiting until you have enough to justify a pick-up...

If the skips are withdrawn, what about a nice, sensible, scheduled monthly collection of bulk waste. :?:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a cost cutting measure, I intend to leave my old sofa outside the SIC wigwam for them to re-use instead of them having to buy new furniture in the future.

No need the thank me ma'm, just doing my job as a responsible citizen.......

:lik:

My Aunty in Glasgow says that they get certain things picked up free but some things like stuff left over from building works are charged for.. That seems a fair way to do things. I think we have to accept that the days of things for free are over. As she said, not every one on the mainland has a car either but they still have to rid of stuff too.