SNP - Proposed airgun legislation

Redrobbie99

obviously politics aside. the armed police do find it difficult to judge between an air weapon and a firearm. maybe a banding of paint similar to the orange ends in toy  guns. it needs to be easily spotted. that alone may save lives. as you say there is no reason to need to own an air weapon made to resemble an automatic weapon. you do need to ask what purpose they would put them to use.

2 years penalty ott. the good reason i like. in general its over draconian could be done with much less fine for this and that. simply it needs locking up a record of who where and why. i still say this can be done as part of the buying process. and as an aside 12 year old killed in usa for having an airsoft pistol.  he had taken the bright end off. he did not aim or fire it. i know its the usa but im just hoping our police would not but im not to sure. im sorry a chain is just not tough enough to stop even a young kid.

iei dred to see a british report os a 12 year old being killed youngest is a 21 year old. ex solder 

im becoming familiar with firearms law. funny enough an air weapon is seen as more of a danger than a hand grenade 18 months for pulling the pin and throwing it onto a bed next to two police officers. was surprised at that one. simular to stun guns meant to be a minimum sentence of 5 years. but often a lot less. 

im becoming familiar with firearms law. funny enough an air weapon is seen as more of a danger than a hand grenade 18 months for pulling the pin and throwing it onto a bed next to two police officers. was surprised at that one. simular to stun guns meant to be a minimum sentence of 5 years. but often a lot less. 

I have to ask, but maybe shouldn't, just what were two policemen doing on a bed in the first place and, wouldn't it have been easier to separate them with a crowbar? <G>

ok police where raiding a womans bedroom where she had a collection of weapons all the way up to anti tank weapons. the police where stood next to the bed in a manly none sexual way when she pulled the pin. another ex con was let off for owning a stun gun. because he thought it was just a normal torch. you know like you do.  

ok police where raiding a womans bedroom where she had a collection of weapons all the way up to anti tank weapons. the police where stood next to the bed in a manly none sexual way when she pulled the pin. another ex con was let off for owning a stun gun. because he thought it was just a normal torch. you know like you do.  

Ah, I see...

I guess a link would have helped (unless I missed it) otherwise the imagination just runs wild...

Oxford dictionary ''weapon'' [a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage] so unless a air gun is used to harm someone it is not a weapon.Almost any thing could be used to harm another person.Thus we could have a hammer weapon,car weapon,chain saw weapon etc etc.Another thing they strangely don't call a shotgun a shot weapon.Why not? 

Edited by redrobbie

Ah, I see...

I guess a link would have helped (unless I missed it) otherwise the imagination just runs wild...

Is this the story?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/erdington-police-find-rocket-launcher-8073519

Ah, I see...

Is this the story?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/erdington-police-find-rocket-launcher-8073519

Could be but, it is somewhat(?) different in the detail presented in PaulB's version.. 

Just shows that you cannot accept what you read here as 'evidence'.