What did Alistair Carmichael (Orkney & Shetland), Vote?

papastour

Jesus didn't have sex.

Not unlike countless celibate Christian priests around the world nowadays. They selflessly renounce any heterosexual activity whatsoever so they can devote themselves to Jesus who set the first example of not having heterosexual relationships to make the world a better place. A world where children can grow up healthy, strong and with a happy childhood as a solid base to to grow into even greater adults because they've been touched, often in an intimate and enthusiastic way by the spirit of the church. Indeed often through these priest's non-heterosexual activity these children have virtually no choice but to move even closer into the protective fold of the church such is the glorious power of God's earthly emissaries.

Take that Pope! The power of the pen!

Father Dougal McGuire: I've never met a celebrity before.

Father Ted Crilly: You met the Pope.

Father Dougal McGuire: Did I?

Father Ted Crilly: Yes, do you not remember that time we were in Rome?

Father Dougal McGuire: That was the Pope? That old fella living in the art gallery?

Father Ted Crilly: The Vatican, Dougal! The Vatican!

Father Dougal McGuire: Still, he's not a celebrity in the true sense of the word.

Father Ted Crilly: He's God's representative on Earth, Dougal!

Father Dougal McGuire: You'd think he'd be taller.

I am patiently,waiting to meet or hear from anyone who has not sinned to tell me they are a Good Person!!

Can we try and be kind to each other on this emotive topic. We are not here to boast who is correct and who is incorrect,If I am wrong I am not too proud to say so. While you may or may not agree with our MP we should not be rude about him or one another.I am not bothered what our MP has voted I just want people to know what he has voted. I am not angered by his vote, I keep no record of his vote as I know MPs change their minds like the Shetland Wind. I am more interested in the truth,the facts, the real facts,we should be protecting the rights of Gays at the same time protecting the rights of teachers,clergy, marriage councillors etc to act in a way that is consistent with their inner values,beliefs, I hope our government in London gets the balance right, and perseveres to make its Laws well balanced. I strongly disagree with the EU Law that is on its way as it will prevent us from acting according to our conscience, beliefes and for some of us who believe... would be a sin against our creator and his word.

Why do we have to use the same word as marriage?

Do we not have enough imagination to invent a new terminology?

The French, famous for their laic(non-religious) policies, use "Paxer" a new word made up to show a partnership in paying tax...(It gives couples (of any human kind) the same advantages of any other married couple in the eyes of the law (ie, tax, inheritance, job applications, administration, grants, benefits, education... ) without adding the religious side.. In fact, many young heterosexual couples have now opted for it as an engagement period) would this not do for all?

Perhaps Alistair could suggest this as he has the prime minister's ear?? Anybody know a good new word ?

Many of us are about to celebrate "love" during Valentine's Day... what is true love? Is our society realy promoting it with its flowers, chocolates and excessive meals, plus a card written by others thoughts?

Good thing about being in Papa Stour is you have time and space to be FREE THINKING!! :D

its marriage. the only one not showing christian love is you papa. i hope your children never tell you they are gay.

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?â€

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[c] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.â€

I am more interested in the truth,the facts, the real facts...

Then why do you keep spouting such complete rubbish?

Good thing about being in Papa Stour is you have time and space to be FREE THINKING!! :D

And it would seem, allow you to live completely cut off from the 21st century. Although I must admit, I can't quite grasp how hanging onto your antediluvian viewpoint handed down through antiquated religious teachings can be described as 'free thinking'. If anything, it's the polar opposite of such.

Basically Papastour, if you're going to go around posting your bigoted drivel in a public forum, don't be surprised when other people call you out for it.

well i for one,am grateful for a change of tone in papa...and spaces in his text..so,onwards and upwards!

Pappa,I have made many mistakes in my life (I wouldn`t call them sins,as I do not recognise the nomenclature ),and i try to be a good person,don`t most people?

In their private lives,teachers,clergy,marriage counsellors,can think or do whatever they believe is right,according to their beliefs BUT in their occupational capacity,usually governed by a secular body ie government..they must follow the policy directions of that said body. If they feel that body has wrong policies either don`t join it or leave.

There are free or church schools (a whole other argument!) there are,I assume religious counsellors.

So seriously,is it just the word "marriage" that bothers you?

There is a difference in many peoples eyes between a civil partnership and a marriage. I personally find there is enough inequity in life (western world "poverty"V 3rd world poverty) without me denying other people something I can have, but they cannot.

Lastly,you bring up love,and you are right,this should be foremost in our thoughts...and i agree,not just the flowers and chocolate kind.

When people fall in love( not lust...and that happens to all, heterosexuals included) it is with a person,not their genitals.

I have gay friends who have been together over 30 odd years (more than I have ever managed)why should they be denied the office of marriage,do you imagine they are not in love?

I am patiently,waiting to meet or hear from anyone who has not sinned to tell me they are a Good Person!!

I 'sin' each and every day. In fact, I live to 'sin' but, I would wager (one of today's 'Sins') that not only am I a 'Good Person' that that I am a 'Better Person (another one for the collection) than you.

Fair comment, as everything else on Papa Stour seems to be 'FREE' although, it is subsidised by the rest of us who have to PAY for it.

I would guess that, if I didn't have to work just about every day, then I too would have plenty of time for some FREE THINKING but, as luck would have it, I am lucky enough to be PAID (in part) for thinking.

I suppose that the lesson might be that FREE THINKING is pretty worthless whilst PAID FOR THINKING actually has some value.

I hear what many are saying and I also listen to teachers, clergy, and foster carers who have been doing excellent work over the years, to force them to leave a career as they are no longer PC is to me a form of Bullying.

For those that are interested I have this website that is worth a look

http://scotlandformarriage.org/

Following info taken from this site

http://c4m.org.uk/resources/

It will undermine marriage

Evidence shows that redefining marriage

actually undermines support for marriage

in wider society. Neither has it delivered

the promised stability for same-sex

couples. In Spain, after gay marriage

was introduced, marriage rates across

the whole population plummeted.1 In