Shetland's airports (and parking)

breeksy

seaflech said tut tut!
summit ain't right at the west end of the strip....

i hoop du kens du aest fae dy wast when am aboard.

EAST end boy!

It just said 09 landing distance available reduced, it didn't say from which end!! As I'm not in Sumburgh today it was a 50-50 guess as to which end was affected!!!

• 1 month later...

Taken from another Shetland Airport topic. Just trying to keep things tidy :wink:

£8 Million Pound To Keep Scatsta Open - Is it worth it??

Just heard on Radio Shetland, that SLAP is to invest upto £8M on improving and keeping scatsta open !! I must congradulate them on this !! All is well in improving the place, afterall, im sure it will make good council offices eventually !! :lol:

We all know that judging council figures (such as the high school saga) that the £8M price tag will probably turn out nearer £20Million !! :? One wonders where this will financially place them - will this mean yet more increases in council tax ??

As for this factor not affecting their decision :lol: , i also wonder why the decisions have been deferred so many times, as if the councils investment has not prevented them moving why spend £8Million ?? (which could have been more wisely spent).. :twisted:

One last point on this thread, its all fine and well improving the runway and extending it, but come any sort of decent cross wind or lack of wind, they are still knackered.. And we will still constantly see 146's having more seats spare than actuall travellers 8) :lol:

Lets ALL HAIL to DREW on his final involvement for the Northern Area Of Shetland !! 8)

I am genuinely glad that the workers at Scatsta have had Sword of Damocles taken away (for the time being). They do a professional job and it is not pleasant always looking over your shoulder at the axeman.

Strange that the oil companies have had to come begging for money - or is it payback time? after all they've had a poor year??

After all £8,000,000 wouldn't have done much for the underpriveleged or elderly or even the staff facing single status paycuts. Or schools facing closure.

Funny this amount of money can be doled out suddenly without any public consultation

After all £8,000,000 wouldn't have done much for the underpriveleged or elderly or even the staff facing single status paycuts. Or schools facing closure.

Funny this amount of money can be doled out suddenly without any public consultation

Jeff Goddard did say on Radio Shetland tonight that there is likely to be a commercial return on this investment.

SLAP - Shetland Leasing and Property Development.

At least this isn't some useless salmon farm that's gonna take the loan go bankrupt and the start up again the next day with a new name. I would think the oil companies will struggle to run away and hide. The money will have to be repaid.

It's about time some proper money was invested at Scatsta. It'll now be open for as long as there are helicopters flying to the east shetland basin and possibly the west side too. All the current jobs and possibly a few extra are safe.

Well done to the councillors responsible. That's what I say.

edited to highlight the leasing part of SLAP. It was the whole point of putting the description in in the first place. Doh.

SLAP - Shetland Leasing and Property Development.

At least this isn't some useless salmon farm that's gonna take the loan go bankrupt and the start up again the next day with a new name. I would think the oil companies will struggle to run away and hide. The money will have to be repaid.

:lol: Ha Ha , Yea, a LOAN to an Oil Consortium

Dont try and make us laugh.. This will be another 'Smiryl Line' Carry on.. Honestly, do you think that these companies need a LOAN for £8Million?? The IAC's operators turn that and more over in seconds !!

The coucil has just thrown away this money !! When asked on the radio tonight if the council money had in any way swung the decision, the answer was no - so why must our council throw in £8M of our money ??

Correct me if im wrong - there will always be helicopters at scatsta, but there may not always be crews to fly them !! :lol: