homophobia

greenman

i see in today's shetland time that there are several letters in response to a letter in last weeks times regarding homosexuality,and same sex marriages. where can i see this letter so i can read it and respond to it

A clue could be in the question :)

i see in today's shetland time that there are several letters in response to a letter in last weeks times regarding homosexuality,and same sex marriages. where can i see this letter so i can read it and respond to it

...but to help you understand the furore I have extracted the exact words printed in the Times last week: :shock:

Sad Comment

I refer to MP Alistair Carmichael’s remarks last week about single sex marriage in which he considers that “sexuality is not a choiceâ€.

New Testament 1 Cor 6 v 9 says quite clearly: “Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers – none of these will inherit the kingdom of Godâ€.

To the above list we could also add drug addiction and other modern problems. These are not permanent afflictions and we should not underestimate the resolve and determination of people to overcome these issues, nor should we discourage them from doing so.

All of these people have a choice, with the possibility of judgment hanging over them they can overcome their particular addiction and become normal people.

To say that they don’t have a choice is a depressing and sad comment. Homosexuals can overcome their particular problem and live celibate lives. We should not remove hope from their particular situation.

It doesn’t matter what legislation government implements, or how the vote went last week, the plumb line which divides right from wrong has not been moved but stays, and will continue to stay, exactly where it has always been.

This indulgence (sodomy) can never be an acceptable or respectable practice.

Peter Tait

Walls

I would like to see this ridiculous word wiped from the vocabulary. The blatant hatred and discrimination that some people are capable of should not be 'covered over' by a word that has a medical basis. 'Fascist', is a better term.

Phobias are real, incapacitating fears that can ruin someones life. I know, I have one. And I don't believe that the fear of same sex relationships is one!

We live in a country where we are able to express our views freely.

It is called free speech,so why should we condemn someone who has a different opinion to what we want to hear.

The gay community is definately a dictatorship .they want everything there way or no way !

Man & Women is normal, but same sex couples are not .

Should GAYS be treated diffferently, OF COURSE NOT ,but there is a time & place for everything. Somethings are correct & others not .

... why should we condemn someone who has a different opinion to what we want to hear.

Perhaps because...

Some things are correct & others not.

We may have a right to speak (relatively) freely, but we also have a duty to condemn evil. Biblical sharn such as the ST letter is, to my mind, evil.

I would love to hear your version of normal...do you know what every "normal" couple gets up to? i thought not..no such thing as "normal" for any of us.

Yes everyone has the right to express their opinion...so we have the right to reply too.

A gay dictatorship ? oh really? some of us support the gay community because we believe in equality and justice...not because we have been pressured in any way.

Its all to do with nature.

People who study nature know what is normal & what is not !

The bible is purely opinions of people who lived at that time , but time has changed .

Never the less those who live by the bible, usually are decent honest folk.

Bonobos. Primates, like us - they also have same sex partnerships, and are often observed as such in the wild.

Now, about this nature thing you were speaking of...

normal people ? what is normal,we are all different, and i thought we werew also all equal in the eyes of the lord. i am pagan and proud to be so there has been much persucution of the innocent by the church over the centuries, as for the bible and its view on sodomy tell that to the innocent choirboys being sexually abused by priests, and all the accounts of sexual abuse within in the church always involve the mollestation of BOYS

Never the less those who live by the bible, usually are decent honest folk.

Try telling that to the victims of peado preists.........Thats people who "supposedly" live by the bible !!

As far as the article in the paper goes , I dont know who has frosted his parsnips , but as he's not a married man you shouldnt worry about him , he can hold his own.......he looks the type that would. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: