homophobia

greenman

Why do so many people feel they have the right to be so judgemental of others. What's is missing in their lives that they feel they have the right to stand in judgement and criticise how others live? There are a lot of good sensible Christians out there, but there are also some judgemental idiots who will quote only the bits of the bible which fits their argument.

Things may not be natural to some, but will be to others. Thank god we are all different or it would be a boring life. :?

Perhaps some people need to get a life! :roll:

urabug,

The gay community is definately (sic) a dictatorship .they want everything there (sic) way or no way

The gay community (is there such a thing?) Don't want anything that you don't have, nor do they want to deprive you of any rights that you already have, how difficult is that for you to grasp?

Maybe you could learn to spell before commenting further.

Just a thought. :lol:

Doesn't the reference to sodomites in Peter Tait's letter also prohibit anal and oral sex (or any sex other than penile/vaginal) between married heterosexual couples?

Could a lack of oral sex within his marriage be the reason he's spending so much time thinking about gay sex and posting his thoughts on the subject to the local paper?

Doesn't the reference to sodomites in Peter Tait's letter also prohibit anal and oral sex (or any sex other than penile/vaginal) between married heterosexual couples?

Could a lack of oral sex within his marriage be the reason he's spending so much time thinking about gay sex and posting his thoughts on the subject to the local paper?

by god Gibber.... doo knows how to stick it in 'im - lol

Mr Tait obviously has some very strong opinions and, as far as I am concerned, he is entitled to them.

I don't know what his religion is but it is clear to me that there are 'christians' and then there are 'Christians'. I wonder if he is also so critical of lesser christians(?) who do not hold such extreme views?

I refer to MP Alistair Carmichael’s remarks last week about single sex marriage in which he considers that “sexuality is not a choiceâ€.

New Testament 1 Cor 6 v 9 says quite clearly: “Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers – none of these will inherit the kingdom of Godâ€.

Not much wiggle room there and, at a stroke, he has condemned about 90% of the population but, I notice that there is no mention of Female prostitutes.. Is his version of heaven full of them I wonder? Better to have a handful of experienced women than 72 virgins eh?

To the above list we could also add drug addiction and other modern problems.

They didn't have drug users/addicts in biblical times? Notwithstanding that, he also seems keen to modify any 'teachings' to reflect his own personally held feelings.

All of these people have a choice, with the possibility of judgment hanging over them they can overcome their particular addiction and become normal people.

If Mr Tait's definition of 'normal' is so limited, then I am more than happy to stay as I am and take any 'judgement' if and when it ever happens.

Homosexuals can overcome their particular problem and live celibate lives.

Will that make them any less homosexual?

It doesn’t matter what legislation government implements, or how the vote went last week, the plumb line which divides right from wrong has not been moved but stays, and will continue to stay, exactly where it has always been.

The only bit of sense in the whole missive. It doesn't matter what the government decides, as individuals, we are all entitled to decide for ourselves whether or not any legislation is 'right' for us and, individual 'plumb lines' hang in different places.

This indulgence (sodomy) can never be an acceptable or respectable practice.

And I thought that it was between consenting adults.

I notice that there is no mention of Female prostitutes.. Is his version of heaven full of them I wonder?
Unlikely, as this is covered by "fornicators" - a person who has sex with someone they are not married to. From the latin fornix, a vaulted chamber, later brothel. So that covers pre-marital sex even for those who go on to marry and never stray!

The strictest interpretation of the "instructions" are that sex is purely for procreation. So bad luck anyone who is infertile (on a side note, a female friend was told by her priest that after a year of marriage she was a "failed Catholic" for not having become pregnant!)

As for Christians and christians... in my experience the former are incapable of being the latter.

Its all to do with nature.

People who study nature know what is normal & what is not !

The bible is purely opinions of people who lived at that time , but time has changed .

Never the less those who live by the bible, usually are decent honest folk.

Then you have not studied nature much,most behaviours that humans have are present in animals (after all we are just mammals) such as homosexuality,bullying,murder etc

My experience of people is that there are good and bad ones,it makes no difference to a person`s behavior even if they live by the bible.

i have personally been conned by a prominent christian in shetland...so where was his "bible living"?

I have also experienced ,over a lifetime,bad non believers...you see its bad people...nothing to do with any particular system,or not,of belief.

Mr Tait obviously has some very strong opinions and, as far as I am concerned, he is entitled to them.

quote]

Yes that he is , BUT many may have the same opinions and disagree with how others choose to lead their lives , but if they arent harming you and yours , let them be to live their lives as they choose.

The old saying comes to mind....

Tis better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool

than to open it and remove all doubt !! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...