Town Violence / CCTV ?

1979 Sheltie

Was town CCTV worth it ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Was town CCTV worth it ?

• Yes
    • No

I see that you are a Solicitor Shetlandpeat.

V. - It is highly probable that any solicitation on the street will be picked up by the CCTV as well so don't fret ;)

I'm not Bug, I was only stating my point of view.

Vitalite - do you understand the concept of humour?

Stug - a female NHS manager and the one who bullied me is male and higher up the rank than her. I understand humour, do you, or the truth.
Neither sentences make sense. At least not in my mother tongue...

Apart from implying that a female NHS manager is male :? or even that Stug IS the manager, are you suggesting by making this statement here that your alleged abuse took place on the streets of Lerwick in full view of the cctv? If not, that part of your post appears somewhat off-topic.

• 1 year later...

Shop, or at least the business, had already been up for sale for a while before the window incident.

Agreed though, that if the CCTV can't give enough to ID anyone while they're doing in windows, and its not put them off from trying, just what purpose does it actually serve. None apparently, unless consume money.

Edited by Ghostrider

• 2 years later...

....and now they want to throw more money at it!!! FFS!

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/13495-police-chief-wants-cctv-system-updated

There's a "problem" with "anti-social behviour" on da street, apparently. I didn't know that, what happened, did somebody tell Greenflee ta "bog off", or something?

Seriously though, just how many arrests/convictions has the CCTV secured in the six or whatever years its been there, that wouldn't have been possible without it. Is it actually as high as zero, or is it still less than that?

Oh, and apprently we (aka the SIC) have been paying the running costs of this fiasco. You gotta love it, they can't find the money to keep a pish hoose open, but they can find it to pay for an eye in the sky to catch you and fine you for letting rip wherever you can so that you don't pish your breeks.

....and now they want to throw more money at it!!! FFS!

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/13495-police-chief-wants-cctv-system-updated

Oh, and apprently we (aka the SIC) have been paying the running costs of this fiasco. You gotta love it, they can't find the money to keep a pish hoose open, but they can find it to pay for an eye in the sky to catch you and fine you for letting rip wherever you can so that you don't pish your breeks.

I've been told that the system was "useless" before it was installed.

No doubt someone has been offended(?) by some high jinks and plod is to busy chasing motorists to do a proper job.  Also, winter is almost here..  Can't have them getting wet can we?

Disarmed by Holyrood and spied on to death.  Don't you just love the society we are allowed to live in.