Hedgehogs

I just saw a hedgehog in my garden and, from Google, everything I've found on the internet says they're not found on Scottish islands. That would make 'my' hedgehog a member of an introduced species. I also found a recipe for 'baked hedgehog' - bleuch! He's a safe hedgehog, I've no intention of eating the spiky thing, might even leave food out for him sometimes.

Is my garden-guest some kind of invader?

Maybe the hedgehog is a fugitive from the cull in the Hebrides?

Thanks, PB, didn't know about this thread till you merged the two.

Further up, someone wrote about seeing one on the road then putting it in someone's garden on Gilbertson Rd. I live on Gilbertson Rd - there could be a whole colony of them planning a take-over. A cull of humans to avenge the hedgehog deaths on that other island!

- there could be a whole colony of them planning a take-over. A cull of humans to avenge the hedgehog deaths on that other island!

I hope they don't make it to Papa Stour, can you imagine a breed of Giant Hedgehogs? Or worse - some kind of giant rabbit/hedgehog cross bred mutant? They would be fast and spikey. Wir aa doooomed!

• 2 weeks later...