Fitting a boiler stove to heat water and home.

drjunk

Hi. I'm planning to fit a boiler multi fuel stove in the living room, and want to run 2 - 800x600 sized radiators upstairs. 1 - 600x600, 2 - 800x600 and 1 - 1000x600 radiators downstairs.

I also want to hook it up to my existing hot water tank (if that's possible) in the kitchen cupboard. The tank runs off of the electric, on the hydros total heating total control.

Any recommendations on which stove to get? A lot of multi fuel stoves are only specied to run on wood or Coal. My one will be burning peat mostly. That brings me on to which flue/liner to buy?

I'm willing to spend big on the flue/liner. Need one that will last.

I want to keep the cost of the stove to about the £500 mark, but I could prob stretch to 600. I'm willing to pay twice or more than that if necessary for the flue/liner. I'm hoping to keep the total price for materials and labour below £5000

I would like to do a lot of the work myself but I believe I need a certificate once its finished to validate it has been done correctly.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I would think most multi fuel stoves would be able to do peat also .I think in the brochures and spec etc they just list wood, coal as peat is not not common fuel type throughout UK.

We had a "villager" stove in the past that was excellent and would have been fine for peat too. It is also our choice of stove again for our selfbuild here.

They come in range size see VILLAGER website, there are others too , you find some stoves cheaper if you can pick up from mainland yourself sometimes saving few hundred.

we have just done what your thinking of doing.

we went with a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21kW-Sunrain-JA046B-Cast-Iron-Multi-Fuel-Boiler-Stove-/251239374037?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Other_Fireplaces&hash=item3a7f089cd5

we had it fitted by Ainsworth Plumbing Westfirth, Lunning, Shetland , ZE2 9QB Tel: 01806 577216

he was patient and did a very neat job.

don't buy the liner until you know that you need one and the correct size.

he spent a week adapting our old plumbing very wierd and confusing. plus supplied another rad and flue and all bits pump ect be aware the liner and fitting costs a lot.

our system cost just under 3k to fit. we supplied the stove. this was more than quoted but was resonable for the extra work involved.