Tugs at Sullom

midget1965

well you dont see the jobs advertised.....seen more advertised by LPA so i guess that folk dont move much or they fill positions another way.

why so keen for sullom tugs? alot will depend on age/esperience as im guessing they dont have a full compliment of crew like bigger vessels

but a quick phonecall to ports and harbours will answer your questions im sure

well you dont see the jobs advertised.....seen more advertised by LPA so i guess that folk dont move much or they fill positions another way.

why so keen for sullom tugs? alot will depend on age/esperience as im guessing they dont have a full compliment of crew like bigger vessels

Weel I widda thowt that wid o been obvious why he wid be keen on Sullom Tugs, cos dir sitting up yunder on aboot £60.000 a year. No a bad wage fir sitting at da pier.

An da age an experience is what I wis looking intae fir me boy.

An why dou you do see da jobs advertised, dats a point?

Weel I widda thowt that wid o been obvious why he wid be keen on Sullom Tugs, cos dir sitting up yunder on aboot £60.000 a year. No a bad wage fir sitting at da pier.

An why dou you do see da jobs advertised, dats a point?

An do you hitta get your sea time fae gain ower seas cos I keyn o guys working up yunder dat are never been awa tae get sea tiime so is dat no an essential?

An why dou you no see da jobs advertised, dats a point?

I wid imagine that on £60k a year they're wouldn't be many folk leaving, therefore no adverts and weren't they going to cut the numbers on the tugs? Would you leave such a cushy number. Perhaps you should be looking at less ambitious jobs to begin with to get more experience, then keep an eye going for future vacancies on the tugs.

You could however contact them direct and ask about possible vacancies

Certain jobs can be ringfenced for certain groups. These could be promotional jobs that need certain in house knowledge. They would only be available to a particular job description only. I hope that if this is done it is targeted at those who will not have much chance to better themselves. If it not current practice with S.I.C. then it should be looked at as a way to keep locals in work and free up a job that has a better chance of being filled by an existing resident.

I wid imagine that on £60k a year they're wouldn't be many folk leaving, therefore no adverts and weren't they going to cut the numbers on the tugs? Would you leave such a cushy number. Perhaps you should be looking at less ambitious jobs to begin with to get more experience, then keep an eye going for future vacancies on the tugs.

You could however contact them direct and ask about possible vacancies

Is da sea time mandatory cos I`m heard dir eens up yunder dat ir never been tae sea!

Jobs are advertised at www.myjobscotland.gov.uk. under Shetland Islands Council. The S.I.C. are required by law to advertise any job, full or part time on this site.

Not sure about that, the council intranet always has jobs that are not advertised to the general public.