How to get a council house!

pandagirl

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. :roll:

When you automatically assume someone is an insensitive idiot without reason, and invent accusations and a worst case scenario so you can proceed to tell them off or make them feel guilty about a perfectly innocent question, can you blame them for feeling jumped on?

Whatever. :roll:

When you automatically assume someone is an insensitive idiot without reason, and invent accusations and a worst case scenario so you can proceed to tell them off or make them feel guilty about a perfectly innocent question, can you blame them for feeling jumped on?

Okay, we're thread-jacking (apologies to the OP of this post).

I gave scenarios. I mentioned what had happened to a neighbour which wasn't an invention. I asked the OP how she could fall in love with a property, etc., and general questions re considered/given thought to X scenarios but you choose to call them accusations. At any time she could have said, "No, I gonna do so and so and I wouldn't dream of doing X/Y/Z" - she chose not to and the thread continued - she could have intervened at any point and didn't reply until way into the thread, as was/is her perogative. And it's common on forums for people to disagree; it's common for threads to evolve/develop, especially when an OP doesn't participate.

As for innocent question, that was debated at the time as to whether or not it was innocent, given the wording of it. I didn't consider it "innocent", the way it was worded.

I've since had people tell me that was the thread where Ghostie said he would shoot someone coming to his door wanting to buy his property- except he didn't say that in the thread.

Bet the Google income went up significantly though, given the amount of peeps online at the time and the number of viewings of that thread!

I genuinely wish Angel luck, and anybody, for that matter - be they a junkie/alcoholic/working/whatever - all human beings deserve a roof over their heads. I also, however, wish those through no fault of their own having properties they can't afford to repair/being faced with improvement notices/forcefully have properties taken out of their ownership by local authorities luck too - we can all fall on hard times.

Ahhhh here we go again, in the last 5 years ive seen so many threads decend into moomin for tat sh1te, "dus a wank, naw dus a wank"

Council houses, there isnt enough of them ... and theres hardly any in lerwick that are going to come up.

we could build some more in an ideal world, maybe we could use the land currently occpied by the high school to build a brand new scheme of houses and flats for couples families and the elderly? yeah im not holding my breath either.

The way of the welfare state is the most in need get priority and yes this leaves the system open to abuse but just mind you dont know how someone got to be in such a situation where they became drug addicts or long term unemployed. besides the people who do screw the system dont get that much, dole money is crap and is only much good if you like sitting in front of the telly exisiting, not living. that is not what most people want in life

And dont be so quick to knock where youre tax money is going, you could all end up in a care home when yer auld an pishin yer breeks.

how many people have half a dozen sheep calll themselves crofters and take there non means tested subsidy even tho they have full time jobs, its all money that has to come from somewhere!

I asked the OP how she could fall in love with a property, etc., and general questions re considered/given thought to X scenarios but you choose to call them accusations. At any time she could have said, "No, I gonna do so and so and I wouldn't dream of doing X/Y/Z" - she chose not to and the thread continued - she could have intervened at any point and didn't reply until way into the thread, as was/is her perogative. And it's common on forums for people to disagree; it's common for threads to evolve/develop, especially when an OP doesn't participate.

As for innocent question, that was debated at the time as to whether or not it was innocent, given the wording of it. I didn't consider it "innocent", the way it was worded.

I was in hospital with my son who is disabled at the time it all kicked off if you really must know, that's why I didn't reply until further on, I suggest you don't judge a situation until you know the facts! my priorities were elsewhere. I got back hoping to see some good advice but got all that garbage and was shocked - people actually resorted to pm'ing me with proper advice on my question because they thought they'd get jumped on too. I was asking a question about something I didn't know much about hence ASKING, so as you'd guess, I didn't know how to word it properly because it was a pretty unknown area to me. Some people tend to see things as negative no matter what, just to cause arguments oh wait... 'debates'. I asked for information not for my question to be 'debated'. When I read it back, and most other people do, they see it as an innocent question. Must just be a certain few who think everybody around them are devious sly individuals. I think the outcome of what actually happened proves certain views on it wrong, I made friends with the neighbours and people involved and found out some lovely history about the place and the area.

Assumptions were made and proved wrong, ultimately it had a nice, friendly outcome and I suggest it's laid to rest. Thank you to the people who did stick up for me and did give me some great info it was a great help :)

I was in hospital with my son who is disabled at the time it all kicked off if you really must know, that's why I didn't reply until further on, I suggest you don't judge a situation until you know the facts! my priorities were elsewhere. I got back hoping to see some good advice but got all that garbage and was shocked - people actually resorted to pm'ing me with proper advice on my question because they thought they'd get jumped on too. I was asking a question about something I didn't know much about hence ASKING, so as you'd guess, I didn't know how to word it properly because it was a pretty unknown area to me. Some people tend to see things as negative no matter what, just to cause arguments oh wait... 'debates'. I asked for information not for my question to be 'debated'. When I read it back, and most other people do, they see it as an innocent question. Must just be a certain few who think everybody around them are devious sly individuals. I think the outcome of what actually happened proves certain views on it wrong, I made friends with the neighbours and people involved and found out some lovely history about the place and the area.

Assumptions were made and proved wrong, ultimately it had a nice, friendly outcome and I suggest it's laid to rest. Thank you to the people who did stick up for me and did give me some great info it was a great help :)

Sorry to hear you were in hospital with your son. I know only too well how stressful such a situation is. I too had a lot going on at the time, more than you could ever imagine/assume. You made assumptions and you continue to do so though, saying that I said stuff I never said. Sly individuals? Now, should I take it that you're saying I called you a sly individual or should I take it you're calling me a sly individual? I read it as neither of those, just a generalisation.

If you could be bothered, you'll see that in the first post I made I also made comments about whether or not you'd be able to secure a mortgage on such a property. Someone else even suggested squatting, not me.

It's great that you learnt so much about the place and its history.

As for the outcome, perhaps you'd care to share with us whether or not said property was for sale/more than you could afford/or other?

What is good for both of us, is that we both made friends as a direct result of that thread.

Sorry to say I'm not taking the bait on anymore of this. I did the honest right thing as I always intended to and had a nice outcome from it, I'm happy with what I said and did and am not debating or elaborating on this any further :)

Sorry to say I'm not taking the bait on anymore of this. I did the honest right thing as I always intended to and had a nice outcome from it, I'm happy with what I said and did and am not debating or elaborating on this any further :)

Wasn't aware of any bait. And as I said on your other thread, good luck with the self-build.

We are, but when the opportunity arose, I just wanted to help you understand why your posts are often seen as off-putting.

Admitting when you are wrong isn’t about giving up, it’s about growing up. While you and certain other regulars can never do this and try to argue every point you've made (often hijacking pages at a time), then try to dig yourself out by introducing something else positive at the end (like you just did), please realise there was little need for such accussations (nosing through windows) or guilt tripping in the first place, without commenting further.

We are, but when the opportunity arose, I just wanted to help you understand why your posts are often seen as off-putting.

Admitting when you are wrong isn’t about giving up, it’s about growing up. While you and certain other regulars can never do this and try to argue every point you've made (often hijacking pages at a time), then try to dig yourself out by introducing something else positive at the end (like you just did), please realise there was little need for such accussations (nosing through windows) or guilt tripping in the first place, without commenting further.

Yawns. I don't want your fecking help. If you genuinely meant the above, you would have hit the pm button.

Yawns. I don't want your fecking help. If you genuinely meant the above, you would have hit the pm button.

*Translation.

"I often write complete and utter stoness on subjects I know little or nothing about as if I was the voice of authority on the subject. When people point this out, I take umbrage and pretend to dismiss said objections with a 'Yawn' or even better, a 'Whatever', which I feel suitably conveys my seemingly-casual dismissal of anyone taking odds with my know-it-all approach to life (although internally, I'm seething. But then I seeth quite a bit). Either that, or I play the persecution card and pretend I'm being ganged up on. However, please be aware that my general demeanour of thinking I know everything means - like a coldsore - I'll be back before long. Only less fun.

. If you genuinely meant the above, you would have hit the pm button.

Something you do all the time. Oh, and telephone. ( I was going to be cheeky and say you missed off the T from pm, use the one from your holistic rhetoric texting)

I did mention two important things with regards to housing, one, the £40 million tied up and two the local development plan. These two things can substantially change the outlook of social housing. I wonder if anyone has looked into this and can see it as two linked subjects that could benefit.