How to get a council house!

pandagirl

Guest Anonymous

On this topic of housing you also state what you think of druggies, etc. Well I would say that people on drugs are far more sociable than you lot. I have never taken drugs and would not but if you put me so far down that I would require it then at least I don't have to go far from my front door to a dealers with all that is going on in the area where I live. I could be an inspector and could have taken down all numberplates, taken photos of all concerned, etc with what is going on.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this topic of housing you also state what you think of druggies, etc. Well I would say that people on drugs are far more sociable than you lot. I have never taken drugs and would not but if you put me so far down that I would require it then at least I don't have to go far from my front door to a dealers with all that is going on in the area where I live. I could be an inspector and could have taken down all numberplates, taken photos of all concerned, etc with what is going on.

Could I suggest that if you are aware of drug dealers in your area that you provide this information to the police, so that they can investigate, charge etc.

Guest Anonymous

I've thought about it, more and more with what I see, but as you will know from my post they leave me in peace and if I require to go to them from what shetlink is all about, then I need not have far to go at all and know that they are not bullies like quite a lot on shetlink. I will just take myself away from shetlink anyway owre-weel because of what it is. May I say that I have not seen you to be bad to others owre-weel, what a respectable person you indeed are, good for you.

I think the OPs fears and opinions are shared by many people in Shetland. This forum is hardly representative.

To me there are two issues.

1. The large influx of visiting workers is drying up the supply of private lets and obviously driving prices up. So there is even more demand on LA housing stock. It's to simplistic to talk about greedy landlords. The price is the market price.

2. I find house prices in Lerwick are relatively high meaning that young working people who are most likely to be looking to get on the housing ladder are staying in their council or private let longer. Or buying their council house taking it out of the available stock.

No matter how many houses are built the list never seems to go down.

You're bang on with that Mikeyboy.

I had a pal rent a room for me for 6 years, honest, hard working lad may I add. He put in over 100 applications for tenancy to the SIC and HHA over that period, he never got ONE of those properties he applied for. I wrote to both associations a letter saying that on a particular date I was throwing him out as I had my girlfriend moving in, thus rendering him homeless. He was offered a house in town the following week.

For the young couples/folk who are a. private renting, therefore spending all their wage on that, leaving nothing to spare for saving for a place of their own or b. still living with parents/family and desperatley need their own space, maybe you should start getting a bit more constructive when communicating with the 2 associations.

Rightly or wrongly I am sick of smackheads etc getting housing before genuine hard working people, look at the state of some of the houses at Grodians, Arheim etc and the problems taking place there, makes my p*ss boil!!! Why can't they be shipped out to far flung areas of Shetland, they do sod all all day apart from loiter around the street making a nuisance of themselves and scaring some of the older generation into the bargain, as I was witness to twice last week!

Red Robbie wrote:

Some one should ask our politicians why it is that people who work pay taxes and play by the rules find that they are at the very back of the queue while other people who do the very opposite are always at the front.Remember this is our money that pays for all this.You are right public opinion is fast turning against these policies which turns natural justice on its head.

I tried to fix that up for you Red, totally agree.

I used to have sympathy for those poor objects but sadly its begining to run out. I was raging last week with what I witnessed, nothing was illegal(I think) but the behaviour displayed in the vicinity of pensioners and young kids in my opinion was disgraceful. It's a wonder A.L.Laing still get custom from the community.

May I say that I have not seen you to be bad to others owre-weel, what a respectable person you indeed are, good for you.

I can assure you I've had a go at some on occasions, as some has me, but I've quickly learned not to take things too seriously or to heart. Life's too short to get upset by what others say or to hold grudges.

On the subject of dealers, they may not be bothering you, but how many young folk are getting hooked on their crap, whilst they line their pockets?

Guest Anonymous

You can bully others and it is perfectly acceptable though chuck norris and others! - yes you see that it is I know! How did I come to the conclusion that druggies are more sociable than you lot, well you should know it is because they do not bully or do me any harm like you have!! - there's your answer, but if you were clever enough you would have known that without having to ask.

So Bug, Stug, Chuck Norris, Hamiltonian - what is so wrong with you life that you are so paranoid and have to bully others on shetlink, don't you know that bullies lives are so inadequate and that they are jealous that they have to bully, otherwise they would be content with their life and leave others in peace. Anyone bullying on shetlink I would have nothing to do with, Iknow, Johanonness, etc would come into this also. Obviously you like to spread your paranoid bug - BUG!

Now now Iknow it seems like I was bullying you but I was merely stating a fact, you were whining and bitching.

Unlike the rest I don't believe for a second you're really this mewling, whining, put upon loser that you hope we believe you to be. You're trolling plain and simple which is why your vitalite account got binned.

You've been rumbled so either wise up and try and play like a good boy or girl or continue trying to get people to bite to your inane drivel and get banned again in a week.

The choice contestant number 1 is yours. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

You can't be bothered Chuck Norris as what I have said is the truth as you know. Whatever Johanofness, you said what you did before and that's it! Keep on doing what you do best!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

All so paranoid, I was not vitalite. I saw that he went out to get all posts taken away since you lot bullied him, I see also that you do to a few others also, including me, a wee crocus. It says a great deal about you all in that I think some people who take drugs and live in council houses are better people as they do not bully or harm me, as I said I don't have far to go to join them and johanofness if any of these people who have stated what they have done to me yesterday and today said it to my face I would have something to say about it no matter who they were.