How to deal with Neddish behaviour?

Q

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Ignoring is a good thing for stopping the 'Ned Behaviour', it makes me feel that sort of unsafe feeling. When I was at the primary school of Tingwall, I was a big blob and everyone called me 'elephant' and I lost loads of friends there too. It really letted me down and I couldn't believe how they acted.

Now my next step is to find out why they bullied me.

I was bullied at school. I found out much later it was because I was the youngest so a good target.

Revenge was sweet. I told a girfriend who knew the bully and was having her and her brand new husband to dinner. She was appalled when I told her how I was bullied and said she would do something aout it and she did!

She sweetly said to bully at the posh dinner party table "you knew Frances at school didn't you?" and bully admitted she did, so girlfriend added "and you bullied her something rotten, didn't you?". Apparently the bully disintegrated before her new husband and entire table under the floorboards with shame and had to admit to being a complete cowbag in front of everyone! It was very satisfying. Apparently new husband left looking at his wife through different eyes. (God, I wished I'd been a fly on the wall then!).

So that is what I do. When I trip over the bullies in my adult life, I let it be known they were bullies at school - it does the trick and I feel karma comes into play too!

Having been bullied at school I've learned that the best thing to do was just to ignore it. I'd say at least 90% of the people who did bully me are working in Shetland without any real qualifications while here I am nearly going into 4th year at uni at a 2:1. I don't believe in Karma, but I will for this :)

^^^ That always seems to be the way, doesn't it?

My brother and me both got picked on at school for not fitting in, but my brother recently observed that most of the folk that gave him a hard time are still stuck living with their parents and drinking in the same pubs with the same people they drank with in their teens, while he's been to uni and got a degree, and made great friends who he cares about. Same goes for me - a lot of the folk I don't like are in much the same situation, while I have less than 18 months of a degree to go.

I'm still bitter towards a lot of the folk who bullied me, mainly on the grounds that I've never received an apology from any one of them. But since they're in Shetland, and I'm in Glasgow, I can mostly put them out of my mind.

I sort of know what you mean, apart from I have no qualifications. I actually hate being up here and I know it's got to do with the time I had at school. But until my family situation changes here I am and stay.

The one that bugs me is when the sods come up and speak all nicey nicey. Thing is most of them either stayed up here or came back.

But I do have to thank them, if they hadn't helped make my life such a living hell, I'd never have got involved in the things I did. I've done so many things and been so many places that I never have got a chance to do had I had a "normal" life.

The one that bugs me is when the sods come up and speak all nicey nicey. Thing is most of them either stayed up here or came back.

But I do have to thank them, if they hadn't helped make my life such a living hell, I'd never have got involved in the things I did. I've done so many things and been so many places that I never have got a chance to do had I had a "normal" life.

Yeah I was bullied as well it lead me find a life outside what very little school friends I did have. I really think it helped me having that as I was interacting with people other than my own age which helped when I left school as I wasn't so afraid of doing things, if that makes sense.

As seems to be the case, got picked on for being "the weird one" as did my brother.

With my brother that's not hard to do. :lol:

I think our group became the unofficial "those who are bullied group" pity we didn't find out when we started being bullied. I think that's why he joined.

At the time I think the guidance system of certain schools up here was less than appauling. They certainly didn't want to admit that there was a bullying problem in their school, and from my point of view and others that I know, wanted it all swept under the carpet.

I really hope that it's different at school today.

honey you know what I find rather amusing, you know we'd have been counted as Neds by todays standards. Maybe less yourself, but we were the drunk teens around the town.

Topic title seems rather apt now.

Maybe we should get a group of us together and sue. You'll have noticed a few of the others here on shetlink.