Bedroom tax/ universal payment

Very interesting point about having money. That might be the answer if you earn above 26 thousand ( this being the threshold for the amount of benefits you can clam, you should pay a percentage of what you earn to your rent. I wonder how that would go down??

HOW F* * * KING MUCH?

Whats do got?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh unlink you are getting annoying.

before you have a go at other people just remember that your living in a council flat.

yes it all sounds a lot but please remember that is not cash that the claimant gets. the mythical figure is at the top end of the benefit cap 500x52.

lets look at a single healthy person living in a 1 bed flat in lerwick.

a 1 bed flat is £55.54 or £2888.08 plus council tax of £971 minus 25% discount so £850.

single person benefit of jsa is £71 for those over 25 minus Localising Council Tax support 10% so minus £1.50, your looking at 843 quid a year for lecky. £145 tv, phone 10.75 a month plus calls. should have internet but im being mean so lets work it out.

housing costs £3738

71-1.50 for council tax = 69.50 -16.21 for lecky = 54.29- 2.78 for tv =51.51 -2.48 for the phone and say another quid for calls = £48.08

so total cost to the tax payer is £7430 a lot different than that head line figure. so no that person is not getting more than a person in work on minimum wage.

they would need to live on 48.08 assuming ive not missed something so £6 .80 a day

cant see it being to far out.

£7430 not £26000

before you have a go at other people just remember that your living in a council flat.

paulb, am I and am I? As you are so keen on spreading apparent 'truths' as to my situation, how about yours? Care to share with Shetlink as to what your occupation is what benefits your family claims in total?

Very interesting point about having money. That might be the answer if you earn above 26 thousand ( this being the threshold for the amount of benefits you can clam, you should pay a percentage of what you earn to your rent. I wonder how that would go down??

HOW F* * * KING MUCH?

Whats do got?

For the sake of clarity, are you saying that people can earn up to £26,000 per annum and claim benefits of one type or another? If so, what benefits?

£7430 not £26000

What you're forgetting is those in work have additional expenses such as getting to work, meals at work (or take sarnies?), need to spend more money on personal appearance (clothes, haircuts, etc.)

£26k? Is this really what people think people earn as an average wage throughout the UK or be what they expect to be paid? That's more than what some of my mates in London are earning.

You are in work. Tell us how much it costs you. For me it is Zero. I RiDe a bike over 100 miles a week, have ppe and eat no more than I would if I stayed Home all day. So there is little need in many cases of additional costs. On my gold plated wages I have to be frugal as my future is in the hands of Tories. We all know their thoughts on us minions.

For the sake of clarity, are you saying that people can earn up to £26,000 per annum and claim benefits of one type or another? If so, what benefits?

I'm no expert, but I believe the figure of £26 000 is the proposed cap on the total amount of benefits which any family can claim per year which is supposedly equal to the average family wage.

paulb, am I and am I? As you are so keen on spreading apparent 'truths' as to my situation, how about yours? Care to share with Shetlink as to what your occupation is what benefits your family claims in total?

benefits apart from child allowance and disability living allowance nothing.

we pay our full tax our mortgage and other costs.

as to what i do sure i run a croft with my family they do the work as im disabled. i also do a genealogical internet job. ive not been on benefits for a very long time.

i fully expect that you don't get it that your party is scape goating the poor.

and before you ask yes im upto date with my taxes ect. unlike most of the multinationals in this country.

hence that garbage quote about the poor on benefits getting 26k. they don't

in fact we are supporting a child at uni and supporting 2 out of work kids they neither claim any benefits.

both are waiting to go on collage courses. both are self funding courses to allow them on there chosen courses.

so maybe before you try and make out that im a scrounger you get your facts straight. i was raised on benefits and i know its possible to live on them but not comfortably.

benefits apart from child allowance and disability living allowance nothing.

we pay our full tax our mortgage and other costs.

as to what i do sure i run a croft with my family they do the work as im disabled. i also do a genealogical internet job. ive not been on benefits for a very long time.

i fully expect that you don't get it that your party is scape goating the poor.

and before you ask yes im upto date with my taxes ect. unlike most of the multinationals in this country.

hence that garbage quote about the poor on benefits getting 26k. they don't

in fact we are supporting a child at uni and supporting 2 out of work kids they neither claim any benefits.

both are waiting to go on collage courses. both are self funding courses to allow them on there chosen courses.

so maybe before you try and make out that im a scrounger you get your facts straight. i was raised on benefits and i know its possible to live on them but not comfortably.

Except I NEVER said and wasn't trying to make out (in your words) "That I'm a scrounger". The point is this: you chose to declare to the world where I allegedly live, according to you. Given that you know more of my situation than many, TBH, I didn't appreciate your comment. Perhaps you might too care to check your facts before posting. You'll hopefully note that I didn't post of your situation.

My party? I've voted green in the past. I've voted lib dem. I've voted UKIP. I've voted tory. Only time I didn't vote was when flight was late coming back from Cuba and missed it by 10 mins. Show me a voter who is 100% happy with any party they vote for.

You are in work. Tell us how much it costs you. For me it is Zero. I RiDe a bike over 100 miles a week, have ppe and eat no more than I would if I stayed Home all day. So there is little need in many cases of additional costs. On my gold plated wages I have to be frugal as my future is in the hands of Tories. We all know their thoughts on us minions.

When I worked in London, my fares were over £30 a week. Sometimes it would be higher, say bad weather meaning no trains but you'd be expected to get into work so would get a cab. The company insisted tights of a certain colour were worn (Yep, some companies still insist on dress codes). The Inland Revenue doesn't deem office clothing as a uniform so you don't get an allowance, so despite the fact that many people wear jeans normally, that don't count as a uniform. Wear a suit - they tend to need drycleaning. All in all, I was £16 per month better off.