....and there's more (filming in Shetland)

..and can they ask around for words we never say like ceilidh, inter-island ferry, etc.

.... and can they just check that you can't be met on the runway carrying a huge suitcase as a carry-on hand luggage!

.... and can they not whinge about the lack of shops. I thought that was actually very rude.

.....and can they get a Shetlander on board as a Consultant to just put them right on the "little things" that totally get up every Shetlanders' nose.

(on a good note, at least they didn't call in The Shetlands......... yet!)

Can't they not have those gayly dancers in the Lounge scene where they danced to Shetland music, we're more or less citizens that just sit down, drink alcohol, listen to the rhythm of the music, go home and get more drunk at the house. That dancing was the only thing that made me think 'are they on drugs or something?'

I think they should never have filmed Shetland at all! :?

..and can they ask around for words we never say like ceilidh, inter-island ferry, etc.

.... and can they just check that you can't be met on the runway carrying a huge suitcase as a carry-on hand luggage!

.... and can they not whinge about the lack of shops. I thought that was actually very rude.

.....and can they get a Shetlander on board as a Consultant to just put them right on the "little things" that totally get up every Shetlanders' nose.

(on a good note, at least they didn't call in The Shetlands......... yet!)

Many Shetlanders do whinge about lack of shops - that was very accurate. Please don't make it a middle-class tourist advert . :)

A bit more variety in the out of toon "oh, turd, oh hell, gotta be someplace else yesterday" driving shots. Everytime someone drove somewhere all you got were long shots of a vehicle toodling along some random road in the distance, just to show yet again some gratuitous holiday postcard view.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to begin with, and could have worked if they'd had more locations with a bigger variety of scenery, but before the first episode was done it became very predictable, then boring and OTT.

What precisely is a middle-class tourist advert?

In: scenery; wildlife; happy locals speaking authentic but intelligible dialect; dinky local stores; quaint fishing craft; vikingry; spontaneous music in welcoming pubs; costly but delightful craft products...

Out: Tesco; road kill; litter; heroin addicts; toon v. country; Local v. Sooth; drunkenness; locals slagging the place off and wishing they had a Yo Sushi, Primark, Top Shop...

Don't get me wrong, I would quite like another hour-long advert for Shetland, to bring in well-heeled tourists, but this is a murder drama and I think it would do better to go a bit grittier. A teenage girl mildly pining for high street shops wasn't exactly gritty, but it was one of the more authentic bits of the drama.

Tesco = yup

road kill = yup

litter = depends on time of year. After Redd Up, the place looks pretty good imho

heroin addicts = compared with south, not really

toon v. country = only on Shetlink

Local v. Sooth = not sure

drunkenness = don't see that during the daytime, cant talk for night as not in Lerwick then and certainly don't see it locally

locals slagging the place off and wishing they had a Yo Sushi, Primark, Top Shop..= I have never heard anyone in the whole time I have lived here for 15 years heard anyone wish for Yo Sushi, Primark or Top Shop! No, seriously, honestly, never ever.

(I will ask around to see if folk are pining for Yo Sushi!)