Shetland Customer Service Again !!

Ronald

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz!!!!

This has been covered in another thread somewhere else on this site. If your product is out of warranty and it wasn't purchased from GR's then they have absolutely no obligation to fix it and rightly so in my book and that will be in the contract they have written up with the said manufacturer.

I've shopped at GR's for years and on the most part have had nothing but excellant quality service, there was one time though when I bought a lightbulb, when I got home I found to my horror that it didn't fit, alas, I'd picked up the wrong box ;)

People need to get past the "Well they are the agent, they should fix it" mentality, absolute load of b0ll0cks!!!

Goodluck with Amazon by the way, if an electrical product goes tits up and it's out of warranty, they WON'T take it back, but if you BUY a product from GR's and its out of warranty they will fix for you.

Happy internet shopping you keyboard warriors :wink:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always had 1st class goods from GR, quality is good that I rarely have to go back with an item. I have bought loads, over the years, TVs, heaters, kitchen electrics! Well done to the staff that work there. Oops, I did recently buy a poor fitting light bulb....but was that my fault or theirs, oh well, I suppose I will have to admit to buying the wrong one. But then again that was MY fault, not theirs. Keep up the good work GR

George Robertson ltd have a contract to repair own sales for Bosch, Neff and Siemens appliances. Bosch Neff and Siemens changed their trading terms last year and retail outlets had to commit to a certain level of stock to have full terms. We have decided to commit to a Bosch stock plan and lost better terms with Siemens and Neff. Our premisis did not have space to display all 3 brands.

If anyone requires a Neff, Bosch or Siemens repair for appliances not purchased from us, please contact BSH repair agent, Appliance Rescue. These are the terms contracted from BSH to George Robertson ltd.

George Robertson ltd aftercare service is at maximum capacity for existing customer repairs. We simply don't have the resources for now to repair other brands not supplied from us. It's a simple case of we can't manage to do it all from our small premisis at hillhead. George Robertson ltd service engineers back up our shop sales to keep customers happy when problems occur. We still see our business as mostly retail with our repair service helping after sales.

We apologise for wrong information regarding service on our website. This will be updated tomorrow so as customers are not wrongly informed.

George Robertson Ltd

George Robertson ltd have a contract to repair own sales for Bosch, Neff and Siemens appliances. Bosch Neff and Siemens changed their trading terms last year and retail outlets had to commit to a certain level of stock to have full terms. We have decided to commit to a Bosch stock plan and lost better terms with Siemens and Neff. Our premisis did not have space to display all 3 brands.

If anyone requires a Neff, Bosch or Siemens repair for appliances not purchased from us, please contact BSH repair agent, Appliance Rescue. These are the terms contracted from BSH to George Robertson ltd.

George Robertson ltd aftercare service is at maximum capacity for existing customer repairs. We simply don't have the resources for now to repair other brands not supplied from us. It's a simple case of we can't manage to do it all from our small premisis at hillhead. George Robertson ltd service engineers back up our shop sales to keep customers happy when problems occur. We still see our business as mostly retail with our repair service helping after sales.

We apologise for wrong information regarding service on our website. This will be updated tomorrow so as customers are not wrongly informed.

George Robertson Ltd

:lik:

Thanks Monkey , if that had been explained to me yesterday , instead of gleefully being told I didn't buy it from you so you wont fix it , then perhaps you would not have lost a long term customer .

I would suggest as well as changing your website to actually reflect the services you supply, that you do some form of customer service training with your staff . Obviously you are very busy and maybe losing a few customers makes no difference , but there may come a time when you have none left !

Thanks again for the response, Appliance rescue is going to look at it for me , and if it is beyond repair I can order a new one through him . I had not realised that he also sells appliances , so at least I can still buy local , with the back up service as well .

Lessons learned all round I guess .....

Bla bla bla not this garbage again. This is absaloutely Ridiculous!! You wouldn't go to tesco buy a tv, then go to coop and demand they fix it or give you a new one?! Or buy something dodgy from amazon then complain to eBay?! Because this is exactly the same!! Off course George Robertson only fix stuff that they've sold, its not there problem to pick up the pieces for someone else, especially someone from the mainland!! To make this even simpler for you, say you go to T&N and buy a kitchen, and you get all your appliances from them, why would george robertson come behind them and tidy up there mess? you wouldn't do it if you were a business owner? Look at the bigger picture. If you'd have bought your appliances from them in the first place. Or if you'd bought your appliances from a company that actually has engineers to fix what they sell, you wouldn't have this problem. Good on you George Robertson! Keep up the good work! Absolutely Infuriates me when people get behind there keyboards and come on here at every opportunity they get to slag off local businesses.

pb92, I think you missed this rather important point:

I have a Neff Microwave / oven combi that came with my fitted kitchen . Microwave stopped working, phoned Neff who advised I take it their Authorised Agent in Shetland, George Robertsons .

Disconnected it , got it in the car and took it as advised

To continue the analogy, if I bought a TV from Tesco, it broke down and the manufacturer advised me to take it to the Coop but they wouldn't/couldn't look at it, I'd be a bit miffed.

Good on the rep of George Robertson's for coming on and clarifying the situation. I've always had great service from them over the years and their pricing is extremely competitive.

George Robertson Ltd

Good on you for coming forward and posting. However ...

... you're not the only business facing such challenges. There's small businesses up and down the UK wanting to please customers, retain customers, maintain a decent cash flow, make a profit, not wanting to go under, and want to attract new customers. Personally, at first glance, I don't buy your argument in this day and age as I can't help but wonder if you've looked at sub-contracting (if the T&Cs of the contracts with the various manufacturers permitted this) and/or taking on more staff, if at all feasible.

I'd also like to know how you can prove that you are, as stated on your website, "Shetland's Leading Appliance Dealer". In addition, whilst you state "we cover postcodes ZE1, ZE2 & ZE3, the length & breadth of the Island" and "No matter which part of Shetland you are situated in ..."; does that mean you only cover Shetland and none of the outer isles?

Ronald, I think you missed this rather important point:

When you phoned neff, if they'd have told you George Robertson ltd have a contract to repair their own sales for Neff appliances. This is because we changed our trading terms last year and retail outlets had to commit to a certain level of stock to have full terms. Therefor George Robertson ltd only repair neff appliances sold by themselves. Then you wouldn't have had to come onto Shetlink and play keyboard warriors slagging off a brilliant small local business? Furthermore - maybe before you came on this public page slagging them off you could have discussed your issues with someone higher up the food chain at Robertsons? Say a director? who would have given you an explanation like the one above.

With reference to your comment "To continue the analogy, if I bought a TV from Tesco, it broke down and the manufacturer advised me to take it to the Coop but they wouldn't/couldn't look at it, I'd be a bit miffed."

Again, if the manufacturer had given you a valid explanation in the first place, you wouldn't be miffed?

If you've always had great service from them over the years and their pricing is extremely competitive.

Then why jump to a conclusion when someone in a call centre gives you a piece of false information then come on a public forum and write a tidal wave of pure guff about them?

I've shopped beside robertsons for a lot of years, and I will continue to do so. They offer a great service, and I've never had any problems what so ever! Friendly staff, free delivery, and they even take your old appliance away free of charge. There's not many other electrical retailers that offer a service like that?

Bla bla bla not this garbage again. This is absaloutely Ridiculous!! You wouldn't go to tesco buy a tv, then go to coop and demand they fix it or give you a new one?! Or buy something dodgy from amazon then complain to eBay?! Because this is exactly the same!! Off course George Robertson only fix stuff that they've sold, its not there problem to pick up the pieces for someone else, especially someone from the mainland!! To make this even simpler for you, say you go to T&N and buy a kitchen, and you get all your appliances from them, why would george robertson come behind them and tidy up there mess? you wouldn't do it if you were a business owner? Look at the bigger picture. If you'd have bought your appliances from them in the first place. Or if you'd bought your appliances from a company that actually has engineers to fix what they sell, you wouldn't have this problem. Good on you George Robertson! Keep up the good work! Absolutely Infuriates me when people get behind there keyboards and come on here at every opportunity they get to slag off local businesses.

Good first post, but you miss the main point. George Robertsons are a Neff agent. the analogy you use isn't the same.

I have sympathy for GRs situation, but still believe they would increase sales and encourage more people to buy local if they were in a position to offer a repair service for all appliances they are agents for. I've twice been back to GRs with a faulty appliance out of guarantee, just to find out that the repair cost was pretty high and ended up just buying a new one from them.

I also admire them for coming on here and explaining their position and agree it must be difficult in the space they have.

Virtually all my appliances are from GRs, oven, hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, storage heaters etc. the only exception is my Neff microwave which was a gift. Now if that broke down and I went to them as the local Neff dealer and they refused to look at it, it would make me think twice about buying anything else from them.

I have always however, received a great service from them so far. Lets just hope the microwave doesn't break as its just out of guarantee. :roll:

George Robertson ltd aftercare service is at maximum capacity for existing customer repairs. We simply don't have the resources for now to repair other brands not supplied from us. It's a simple case of we can't manage to do it all from our small premisis at hillhead. George Robertson ltd service engineers back up our shop sales to keep customers happy when problems occur. We still see our business as mostly retail with our repair servicehelping after sales.

George Robertson Ltd

Good on you for coming forward and posting. However ...

... you're not the only business facing such challenges. There's small businesses up and down the UK wanting to please customers, retain customers, maintain a decent cash flow, make a profit, not wanting to go under, and want to attract new customers. Personally, at first glance, I don't buy your argument in this day and age as I can't help but wonder if you've looked at sub-contracting (if the T&Cs of the contracts with the various manufacturers permitted this) and/or taking on more staff, if at all feasible.

I'd also like to know how you can prove that you are, as stated on your website, "Shetland's Leading Appliance Dealer". In addition, whilst you state "we cover postcodes ZE1, ZE2 & ZE3, the length & breadth of the Island" and "No matter which part of Shetland you are situated in ..."; does that mean you only cover Shetland and none of the outer isles?

Looks like MONKEY has explained the situation, I can't see him arguing either he's just explained it from his position, whats the problem?

Why did the OP not go direct to where he purchased the appliances from for repair? Why did he phone NEFF? Why did he take their word for it and not phone GR's first to save any hassle, which at the end of the day doesn't seem to have anything to do with them anyway? Why are you not giving NEFF pelters for dishing out the wrong info too?

If they're not the Islands leading electrical retailer I'll eat my hat, the amount of appliances that passes through our doors from their suppliers on the mainland is massive, every week. Don't think they're stocking up for a rainy day either.

PS ZE1, ZE2 & ZE3 are all the postcodes for Shetland including all the Islands. Anyway who are we to tell anyone how to run a business who from my experience and understanding seem to be flying at the moment?

Cheers

Good first post, but you miss the main point. George Robertsons are a Neff agent. the analogy you use isn't the same.

I have sympathy for GRs situation, but still believe they would increase sales and encourage more people to buy local if they were in a position to offer a repair service for all appliances they are agents for. I've twice been back to GRs with a faulty appliance out of guarantee, just to find out that the repair cost was pretty high and ended up just buying a new one from them.

I also admire them for coming on here and explaining their position and agree it must be difficult in the space they have.

Virtually all my appliances are from GRs, oven, hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, storage heaters etc. the only exception is my Neff microwave which was a gift. Now if that broke down and I went to them as the local Neff dealer and they refused to look at it, it would make me think twice about buying anything else from them.

I have always however, received a great service from them so far. Lets just hope the microwave doesn't break as its just out of guarantee. :roll:

Did MONKEY not explain that they're not NEFF agents?

My advice to GR's, DON'T come back on here and get into this mire of b0ll0cks!!! You've already explained the situation, if folk can't accept that then that's up to them.

You provide a great service to the majority and even more so to the actual customers of your shop, you know, the people that actually walk over your threshold and purchase the goods you sell.

I know from experience that if you buy something from the shop, it breaks and its under warranty then you'll fix it. If you buy something from your shop, it breaks and it's out of warranty, you'll fix it but at a cost, It may not be cheap but i'm sure it'll be the going rate. You've already explained why you can't fix appliances not bought from your shop that are outwith warranty but you are the agent. It's all very simple really.

Unfortuantely you CAN'T please all of the people all of the time, especially the 20 odd regular contributors of Shetlink.

You ARE Shetlands No1 electrical dealer in MOST folks eyes, keep up the bl00dy good work and let the haters hate, there's f'all you can do about them. :wink: