Shetland Customer Service Again !!

Ronald

Looks like MONKEY has explained the situation, I can't see him arguing either he's just explained it from his position, whats the problem?

Why did the OP not go direct to where he purchased the appliances from for repair? Why did he phone NEFF? Why did he take their word for it and not phone GR's first to save any hassle, which at the end of the day doesn't seem to have anything to do with them anyway? Why are you not giving NEFF pelters for dishing out the wrong info too?

If they're not the Islands leading electrical retailer I'll eat my hat, the amount of appliances that passes through our doors from their suppliers on the mainland is massive, every week. Don't think they're stocking up for a rainy day either.

PS ZE1, ZE2 & ZE3 are all the postcodes for Shetland including all the Islands. Anyway who are we to tell anyone how to run a business who from my experience and understanding seem to be flying at the moment?

Cheers

I'll quite happily give Neff 'pelters for dishing out the wrong info and I'd love to hear their side of the story too but they haven't posted on here, have they? Ever heard that old chestnut, namely "There's two sides to every story and then there's the truth"?

For all we know the agreement MIGHT be that goods sold to those customers in Shetland Isles prior to the change in the contract are still to be repaired by GR. Neff may well have taken the view that they couldn't contact all Shetland Isles' customers as not all of them had registered their appliances with them on their database. For those with goods registered on their database (dependent upon the number) they should have written to them advising as to whom the new NEFF repairing agent is or, at the very least, have their details updated on their Customer Services' database.

You can't make such sweeping ambiguous statements on websites unless, of course, you can back it up with factual evidence or want to have Trading Standards and the ASA breathing down your neck.

I'm aware of the postcodes, ta very much - hence my request for clarity given the way it is worded on GR website.

Never heard of giving feedback to a business or are you suggesting that customers and potential customers should not do so?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ARE Shetlands No1 electrical dealer in MOST folks eyes, keep up the bl00dy good work and let the haters hate, there's f'all you can do about them. :wink:

I don't hate GR. I'd rather see their "good work" turn to "excellent work" and see them go from strength to strength. Wasn't aware you'd spoken to every person in the Shetland Isles to get their opinion. :wink:

You ARE Shetlands No1 electrical dealer in MOST folks eyes, keep up the bl00dy good work and let the haters hate, there's f'all you can do about them. :wink:

......Wasn't aware you'd spoken to every person in the Shetland Isles to get their opinion. :wink:

I haven't but that's not what i said now is it. ;)

Looks like MONKEY has explained the situation, I can't see him arguing either he's just explained it from his position, whats the problem?

Why did the OP not go direct to where he purchased the appliances from for repair? Why did he phone NEFF? Why did he take their word for it and not phone GR's first to save any hassle, which at the end of the day doesn't seem to have anything to do with them anyway? Why are you not giving NEFF pelters for dishing out the wrong info too?

If they're not the Islands leading electrical retailer I'll eat my hat, the amount of appliances that passes through our doors from their suppliers on the mainland is massive, every week. Don't think they're stocking up for a rainy day either.

PS ZE1, ZE2 & ZE3 are all the postcodes for Shetland including all the Islands. Anyway who are we to tell anyone how to run a business who from my experience and understanding seem to be flying at the moment?

Cheers

I'll quite happily give Neff 'pelters for dishing out the wrong info and I'd love to hear their side of the story too but they haven't posted on here, have they? Ever heard that old chestnut, namely "There's two sides to every story and then there's the truth"?

For all we know the agreement MIGHT be that goods sold to those customers in Shetland Isles prior to the change in the contract are still to be repaired by GR. Neff may well have taken the view that they couldn't contact all Shetland Isles' customers as not all of them had registered their appliances with them on their database. For those with goods registered on their database (dependent upon the number) they should have written to them advising as to whom the new NEFF repairing agent is or, at the very least, have their details updated on their Customer Services' database.

You can't make such sweeping ambiguous statements on websites unless, of course, you can back it up with factual evidence or want to have Trading Standards and the ASA breathing down your neck.

I'm aware of the postcodes, ta very much - hence my request for clarity given the way it is worded on GR website.

Never heard of giving feedback to a business or are you suggesting that customers and potential customers should not do so?

Exactly, which None of us know! I guess you'll be phoning trading standards to make sure they get it checked!!

Get over yourself for god's sake and get out the house for a bit, get some fresh air!

I don't think you had a clue what the postcodes in Shetland were tbh, seems like you're doing the usual nitpicking that you usually do to desimate a thread!

MONKEY seems to be explained it perfectly well, They're NOT a NEFF REPAIR agent, the particular item was NOT bought from them and NEFF have now told the OP to contact APPLIANCE RESCUE as he IS the NEFF REPAIR AGENT....Whats the problem here!! :roll:

My advice to GR's, DON'T come back on here and get into this mire of b0ll0cks!!! You've already explained the situation, if folk can't accept that then that's up to them.

You provide a great service to the majority and even more so to the actual customers of your shop, you know, the people that actually walk over your threshold and purchase the goods you sell.

I know from experience that if you buy something from the shop, it breaks and its under warranty then you'll fix it. If you buy something from your shop, it breaks and it's out of warranty, you'll fix it but at a cost, It may not be cheap but i'm sure it'll be the going rate. You've already explained why you can't fix appliances not bought from your shop that are outwith warranty but you are the agent. It's all very simple really.

Unfortuantely you CAN'T please all of the people all of the time, especially the 20 odd regular contributors of Shetlink.

Of course this is the world according to Chuck, your view is obviously more important than others. You must obviously be right. You forget not everyone may agree with your push down the throat attitude.

But let's make one thing clear. I for one am not a hater as you put it, quite the opposite, as I've said most of my appliances have been bought from GRs.

If GRs are quite happy to have business going to Appliance Rescue then that's there decision. I feel personally that that's not good business sense, but its their decision.

Just because you can shout loudly doesn't always make you right. Get off your high horse :twisted:

A few years ago I had a cooker I'd bought fae da Hydro and da fan geed in it while it was still under da guarantee. I phoned dem and somebody fae Domestic & General phoned me back tae tell me dat dey would send a man round tae fix it.

It was a boy dat was working at da Malakoff dat cam - but after hours (not through da Malakoff). He had da contract to fix things we either da Hydro or Domestic & General.

Just out of interest does LBC and T&N not sell NEFF equipment with their kitchens, who's fixes their appliances? What about the Hydro do they still have repair men too?

Sorry just general questions nothing to do with the thread!

Well if you phone Neff , who I have just spoken to again , they say GR are still agents , so back to the start *lol* They also have appliance rescue , but give you GR first .

I bought a fitted kitchen locally as it happens as I lived in Aberdeen at the time as well !

I am happy with Monkeys explanation , clears things up for me, obviously still some sort of a communication problem with them, Neff and their website but I am sure that will all be sorted in time .

For now I am out ....

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :)

My advice to GR's, DON'T come back on here and get into this mire of b0ll0cks!!! You've already explained the situation, if folk can't accept that then that's up to them.

You provide a great service to the majority and even more so to the actual customers of your shop, you know, the people that actually walk over your threshold and purchase the goods you sell.

I know from experience that if you buy something from the shop, it breaks and its under warranty then you'll fix it. If you buy something from your shop, it breaks and it's out of warranty, you'll fix it but at a cost, It may not be cheap but i'm sure it'll be the going rate. You've already explained why you can't fix appliances not bought from your shop that are outwith warranty but you are the agent. It's all very simple really.

Unfortuantely you CAN'T please all of the people all of the time, especially the 20 odd regular contributors of Shetlink.

Of course this is the world according to Chuck, your view is obviously more important than others. You must obviously be right. You forget not everyone may agree with your push down the throat attitude.

But let's make one thing clear. I for one am not a hater as you put it, quite the opposite, as I've said most of my appliances have been bought from GRs.

If GRs are quite happy to have business going to Appliance Rescue then that's there decision. I feel personally that that's not good business sense, but its their decision.

Just because you can shout loudly doesn't always make you right. Get off your high horse :twisted:

I don't believe i'm shouting and my view is certainly no more/no less important as anyone else. If you think i'm pushing my view down peoples throats then what can I say.

GR's is arguably one of our best local retailers, they've made great strides forward in terms of the shopping experience and customer service/after sales etc etc since the new owners took over, you don't get many people unhappy with their service, not that i've spoken to anyway, I think we could probably agree on that? It just irks me when someone puts up a half ars3d story on the internet for the world to see and it's all a load of pish.

GR's have explained the situation and it turns out they're not even NEFF agents! :roll:

:roll:

Exactly, which None of us know! I guess you'll be phoning trading standards to make sure they get it checked!!

Get over yourself for god's sake and get out the house for a bit, get some fresh air!

I don't think you had a clue what the postcodes in Shetland were tbh, seems like you're doing the usual nitpicking that you usually do to desimate a thread!

Why on earth would I report it to Trading Standards? I'd rather bring it to the attention of GR for them to rectify, the statement is misleading. HAD they put islands then it would be clear that they were applying Shetland - part of their website for delivery refers to Shetland Mainland. It could well be a simple typo whereby they missed off the 's'. It wouldn't hurt them to be consistent but if you'd rather they got done then so be it but I won't be the one reporting it.

I've just been out, supported a local business in the process. You might want to resort to personal comments; I, on the other hand, don't.

are the not missing a growth chance. they are over worked and at capacity. why not expand.

the question was answered why go on.

did i read that correctly the spent a grand on a microwave. somebody did not shop around

The didn't spend a grand on a microwave, so you no you didnt read it correctly . But As you state , question answered, growth chance missed , alls well that ends well ...

are the not missing a growth chance. they are over worked and at capacity. why not expand.

It might not be growth that results in a reasonable profit though so would it be regarded as worthwhile? So whilst it is something that some people would like to see, if there isn't the cashflow to support and justify such expenditure and they have existing financial obligations, even if they wanted to expand it could be that no one would lend them the dosh to do so.