Help Needed from the Shetland Community for a PhD student!

StephC

Hi all!

I'm a PhD student at Edinburgh Uni (School of Scottish and Celtic studies), and I am working with the Lewis Chessmen for my topic. I want to understand how people interact and relate to objects.

I will be in Shetland Monday 20 May-Wednesday 22 May, and am looking for people who would be willing to talk to me about their experience in seeing the chessmen at the Shetland Museum in 2011 (The Chessmen: Unmasked exhibit), or anyone who has previously seen them. I'm afraid I can't offer compensation (poor college student and all), but I will have some form of baked good to offer as a small way of saying thanks. Also, you will be helping me get to my goal of my PhD! How rewarding! Smile

If you could help, please respond to this ad, or to my email address: bagpipes00@yahoo.com. Please put 'Shetland Chessmen' in the title so I know it isn't spam!

I am looking to interview people in person, but would also appreciate interviews by email or phone too! Interviews can even be recorded (or not) to enter into my department's archive (http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/literatures-languages-cultures/celtic-scottish-studies/archives)!

If you know someone who attended the exhibit, please pass this information on. I will appreciate any form of help I can get! I am legitimate, and can prove so, if needed.

Thank you in advance!

Stephanie Carter