Social Networks

Ally

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant Childish.

Everyone knows that myspace is for 'emo kids' and the bebo is for kids. Its just a commonly known internet thang..

You still haven't let us "oldies" in on what that emo means.

To me emo suggests Emo Phillips the wacky american comedian, but perhaps i'm mistaken...

Emo Phillips

Well there you go .. learn something new and all that!

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo+kid

One who rejects "pop culture" and joins the counter-culture realm. Usually has ideas contrary to popular opinion and seeks to gain a better understanding of life through artistic venues. May appear depressed, have black or red hair, and dress in a way that is contrary to what is popular. Thrift stores, art, coffee shops, underground music, and poetry are usually of great interest. Contrary to popular opinion, though an emo kid may seem depressed, within their own group there is an element of deep understanding and friendship. Emo kids see the world as beautiful, but its inhabitants as lost and depressing.

"One who rejects "pop culture" and joins the counter-culture realm. Usually has ideas contrary to popular opinion and seeks to gain a better understanding of life through artistic venues. May appear depressed, have black or red hair, and dress in a way that is contrary to what is popular. Thrift stores, art, coffee shops, underground music, and poetry are usually of great interest".

So it just means teenager then? ;)

Seriously though, I've been browsing the AHS/Shetland thing for the last half hour or so. A lot of kids there, sure, but a lot of folk mid-late 20s and a few notorious 30 somethings. Many familiar faces. Def worth a look.

http://www.bebo.com/GroupMembers.jsp?Year=?&HelperInd=N&q=&PageNbr=48

Well there you go .. learn something new and all that!

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo+kid

One who rejects "pop culture" and joins the counter-culture realm. Usually has ideas contrary to popular opinion and seeks to gain a better understanding of life through artistic venues. May appear depressed, have black or red hair, and dress in a way that is contrary to what is popular. Thrift stores, art, coffee shops, underground music, and poetry are usually of great interest. Contrary to popular opinion, though an emo kid may seem depressed, within their own group there is an element of deep understanding and friendship. Emo kids see the world as beautiful, but its inhabitants as lost and depressing.

Counterculture?!

MySpace?!

It's part of News International. That's about as mainstream as it gets.

I thought emos were into blink 182 and all that crap. kinda pseudo-punks without the brains and into really bad music. The rest are just goths, really.

I wouldn't say Myspace was about "emos". Most band s I know in Edinburgh are on it and their more sort of indie-rock. Not the same.

Anyway, gonna use it less now that News International has it's mucky paws on it. Still likin' Bebo though!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing against them personally but they're incredibly anti social.

You can recognise them by: Lot's of eyeliner, Stripey clothes, sometime polka dots, straightened fringes covering half they're face.

They like blood and crying.

I prefer Bebo because you can draw pretty pictures for folk and it's so much easier to use for example you can organise things seperately like friends and bands and have many photo albums!

• 1 month later...
They're both rubbish.

You think everything's rubbish.

Good shout inky

Oh yes.. the argumentum ad hominem school of debate. Very internettish and completely off-topic! ;)

I still maintain they're a pair of poopy pieces of personal preening. Prove me wrong!