L&R Ground Force LTD

which would be another warning sign.

With all due respect, just because someone isn't registered for VAT it does not mean they are not to be trusted. They haven't been trading for very long and in the first few years or so there will be start-up costs, etc.

I find it odd how because its a new compnay, people are automatically getting suspicious...

You realise the address a limited compnay is ragistered at doesnt mean thats where they are from, it could just be the agent they used to register...

Also, age of director and age of buisness... someone has to start somewhere... maybe a 21 year old going door to door for work for his own business should be praised for being ambitious and driven, and not automatically assumed to be a dodger...

I was 24 when i started my company... from shetland, work in aberdeen, but my company is registered in warrington.... I must be dodgy aswell....

Ask these questions when the " Fix your drive" people come knocking

1, When removing ruble from the drive which licenced tip will they be using? A quality company will have the answer a not so good company will hide it under the new surface...

2, How many millimeters deep will the new surface be laid in? People who still use inchs will find it dificult to purchace material using inchs...

3, Which Shetland Quarry will be providing the hot/cold tar products? There is only 1 quarry witch provides these product in shetland...

3, Which Shetland Quarry will be providing the hot/cold tar products? There is only 1 quarry witch provides these product in shetland...

Except,

Was not a tar driveway they dug up concrete driveway dug down about 12 inches.layed hardcore, packed that down put black membrane stuff then sand then the blocks used other machinery to flatten blocks Did a good job😃.

Any builders merchant will convert it for you...Dats fairly true, i wis trying to help my friends who had un eens at dir door saying day wid do a twa inch layer o 6mm tar nixt tae da breest o dir hoose an dit wid hinder da dockins fae sprooting......

I don't post here often as I find Shetllink a very negative forum, so I am going to add a very positive response for these guys.

Having just had a quote done by L&R Groundforce, we were firstly impressed that they showed up when we asked them.

They involved us in all aspects of what they could do for us or suggest.

OH was shown work that had been recently done, not scanned pictures actually driven to see the work they had done in it's finished state.

We asked folk who had used them what they thought? Shock horror no complaints!

We decided to go for it, they were there the very next day & the whole job which we saw most of it, was complete in 3 days. The guys work incredibly hard from 7am-7pm they are on time, polite & easy to deal with. Personally I would use them again.

I wish them well with any jobs they get here in Shetland in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I know 3 people who have had theirs done, (and they know more) they are amazing workers, some didnt take to the father, bit pushy for shetland folk, (he will learn) but the 2 sons are realy good, but in all they are very respectfull.

The boys that actualy do the work are briliant, they realy work hard and get masive drives done in a couple of days. Prices although high are well worth the value. We thought they were just making up anything/prices but when you speak to other customers they all seem to be the same kind of level.

We would all recomend them 100%

In a hot day give the workers a drink/cup of tea, they deserve it! i do hope the owners appreceate their workers, they deserve all the money they can make.

I hear they are coming back next summer so if you cant get them this year, get them for a quote for next. Its worth taking out a bank loan for this kind of quality.

I don't know anyone here that can do this kind of work???