L&R Ground Force LTD

sounds like i was wrong on this company. however still unwise to take up offers from door knockers.

I thought the same but although i don't like door to door knockers it seems to be if they are in an area they like to offer out services since they are there. which in the end is cold callers. Maybe if they just had cards/leflets they could put in doors, we might find that more acceptable.

I have spoken to a few of their customers, all seem to fine the firm ok.

If you see a drive done go and ask the folk themselves what they think of them. I've heard nothing but praise.

• 2 weeks later...
which would be another warning sign.

not sure you can claim it back on home improvements. however a farm track you could. just need a company bank account. and you can voluntary register

i know i could have reclaimed thousands over the last year.

Quite so , and I could have got back thousands over the last few years also. If they offered me a good cash deal wi no vat , I would jump at it. Government already robs us blind anyway so to hell wi them.

I personally try use local where possible. I've watched too many episodes of cowboy trap.

Good idea, but id bet you don't get your big shop from a local store, but in tescos or the coop? as far from local as you could get.

we all like to give lip service to the 'local' but when it comes down to it we get where ever we get what we want and at a price we can aford.

but we all go south and come home with our cars and bags backed full of homebace, b&q primart, asda and also all the other chain stores goods. we dont think when we are there about local in any way then.

I've had 4 local traidsmen at my house over the past few years, all made an ass of it and i had to get another one to come and fix the work. it all down to the individual, nothing to do with where they come from.

It's my local tesco keeping local people in jobs. If I can get from a shop in town etc I do. I don't think ANYONE can get everything from their "local" shop. But when it comes to building painting or things like that I'd rather use a company from here.

I doubt your "perfect" and do the same?

Ive seen L&R Groundforce working on a couple of drives recently, the kind of work I've never sen a local firm doing for long. They've spotted a gap in the market. The local contarctors have been to busy on big jobs recently to afford the time that L&R can give to a job.

It's my local tesco keeping local people in jobs. If I can get from a shop in town etc I do. I don't think ANYONE can get everything from their "local" shop. But when it comes to building painting or things like that I'd rather use a company from here.

I doubt your "perfect" and do the same?

I think in these times we live in that the internet seems to be the way forward , unlike south , by the time you finish work the shops are shut , and for the likes of games and music for example , there just isnt the choice here anymore.

And if you can buy something , say from Amazon for example for £29.99 with a couple of clicks of the mouse 24 hrs a day when if you can get it here it would maybe cost twice as much and you maybe cant get to the shop during working hours.....its a no brainer really. I do try to buy big stuff locally whenever possible though , and 1 shop springs to mind that have always given first class service and after sales AND are very close in price with the mainland stores is George Robertson Ltd.

But when it comes to building painting or things like that I'd rather use a company from here.

That's if you can get them to turn up. I've tried the various local big builders in the past with what I would consider sizeable jobs (£3k to £5k) but despite initial promises, quotes don't materialise despite numerous call overs weeks/months and then the realisation hits that they just aren't really interested in the small/non-contract work.

• 2 weeks later...